A Dirty Secret?

well this is my first attempt at a story, tell me what you think

--------------------

Chapter 1

The loud bass thumped in my ears as the smell of strong alcohol stung my eyes. I was what was suppose to be the most happening party of the year. But it was just boring. I came with my brother on my step moms request to get out. I was fine with life before.

My name is Taylor Adams I’m 18 years old and in my senior year at high school. Me and my brother are twins. I have another older one who Is 20. But he’s away at collage. I was closest to him and he’s coming home tomorrow with his best friend James. My dad just got re married and my step mom is nice, she just wanted me to go out and have some fun. But my idea of fun isn’t being in a cramped space full of sweaty people grinding on each other and drinking.

My brother Carter came up to me “hey Tay have some fun for once. Stop being such a drag.” He slurred. He wasn’t drunk yet. But he was tipsy. “nah I’m all good bro, I’ll be out back. I walked away and out the back door. Everyone was inside thank god so I could finally have some peace and quiet.

A minute later I heard footsteps behind me “hey” I turned around startled even know I knew someone was there I didn’t expect them to come over here. “hey” I said eyeing him. He was a tall guy with shaggy brown hair. He had a nice solid build but wasn’t the best I’ve seen. I turned back to stare up at the stars “what’s a pretty girl like you doing out here all alone” he came up and whispered in my ear.

I was only wearing some blue jeans with a purple off the shoulder tops and some black pumps. There’s nothing much pretty about that. My hair was in a probably by now messed up pony tail. And I had no makeup on.

“you drunk or something?” I asked raising an eyebrow. “nah not drunk, but I do see a pretty girl outside all by herself. Made me want to come over here and see what’s happening” he replied. I didn’t say anything as he wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned forward, resting his head on my shoulder. I had it when he started panting kisses on my neck though “what the hell are you doing?” I asked trying to push him away. But after all my squirming I ended up facing him “how about one kiss and then I’ll let you go?” he said in a husky voice as he leaned down. “yea right dude. Sorry but I don’t go around kissing strangers.” I said taking him off guard and pushing him away.

He thought he could probably get any girl he wanted but I’m not a push over like that.  I walked back inside and found carter. “hey I had my fun I want to go home now. Give me your keys and you can get a ride home with one of your sober friends around here. Or just stay the night” I stretched my hand out waiting for the keys. I was done with these freaks tonight.

“ah fine but you need to let loose sis. Cant have you being like this you whole life. No one would want you” he slurred while sloppily pulling his hands out of his pockets with the keys and placing them in my hands.

“yea , yea. Heard it before, I’ll cya tomorrow just make sure your home when Dan come’s home” I called out walking away.

I pulled up at my house and all the lights were on. That was strange, it was almost one and they were still up. I unlocked the door and stepped in quietly. i saw my dad and Lindsey (step mom) in the kitchen. Some one else was there but I was only seeing part of him.

I walked into the kitchen only to see Dan. My face lit up with a smile as I ran towards him and hugged him nearly tackling him.”aww Tay I missed you too:” he laughed as he hugged me. There was a girl beside him with long red hair in a black sweater and jeans. She had smile on her face as she looked at the two of us.

Dan noticed me looking “oh yea Tay I was going to introduce you tomorrow. This is my girlfriend Haley. James went to go pick up his brother at some part so he’ll be back later. Oh and I thought you were at a party with Carter.? He questioned. Ha he knew me to well to know that I’d actually b stuck at a party all nigh long.

“yea well I got bored and carter was tipsy so I decided to take the keys and come home. He knows I left, so he can find a ride home with someone else.” I shrugged. “yea but why did you even go to a party you hate those things” he stated. I blushed a little. I hadn’t told Lindsey that I hated them “you hate them! Tay why didn’t you tell me I wouldn’t have made you go” she whined. I loved her and id didn’t want to hurt her feelings so I just shrugged and smiled innocently at her.

“ah now I see why” Dan laughed just as the door opened. Who could be here now. Carter wouldn’t have left so early. The guy with the same black hair stepped into view with another girl. Ah hell no. please no, please not. I closed my eyes praying it not to be James. “oh and Tay this is my best friend James and his girl Rosanna” he said. I opened my eyes and looked over at him, he had a surprised look on his face also with a nervous one.  He probably thought that  I was going to tell everyone what happened. But I don’t care, him and his girl aren’t my business. And neither is he. “hi I’m Taylor.” A fake smile was plastered on my face as I reached my hand out shaking there

“James” he said. “Rosanna” she said with a smile. I fake yawned “well it’s getting late. I’ll catch up with you guys in the morning goodnight” I said all in a rush. I waved and walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I shut my bedroom door and let my wavy brown hair down. My green eyes stared back at me. My body was average I could say. I had no athlete’s build, and I wasn’t perfect but I was all good with how I looked. I was average height with a straight nose and thin pink lips. My teeth were straight and white.

I changed into some purple shorts and a tank top and climbed into my bed.  Me and James are going to have to talk eventually but I hope he takes the hint and doesn’t even mention what he did at the part tonight.

I don’t want him in my life. I didn’t need anyone else. I’m perfectly fine on my own. My grades are good and I’m hoping to get into the same collage as my brother next year in business, I had a nice bright future ahead of me, he was just a awkward bump in the present. I smiled as I drifted asleep.