17.

And I know that your love wasn't here to stay
I gave you all of mine but you gave it away
And now you're the one who hurts
You had to love someone else just to know your worth

|Alex|

Lying there in the hospital bed, which I yelled at Brock to get out. I was broken, my life was shattered. Tears were running down my face, I found out Brock got fined and banned for a year in Las Vegas. My mom entered the room and hugged me crying. I hugged her tight, then Nikki and Brie ran in joining in the hug as well.

The reason many people in our society are miserable, sick, and highly stressed is because of an unhealthy attachment to things they have no control over.

"It's ok Alex let it out." My mom said.

I bawled my eyes out, and they were red and puffy.

"I thought it would get better, Mama." I said as my sister passed me tissues.

"Awe, Alexa, baby everything happen for a reason." Tammy said.

"I know that but why do I constantly get placed in situations that I'm going to get broken." I said.

"What can you do to him?" Nikki asked.

"I could never hurt him enough to make his betrayal stop hurting. And it hurts, in every part of my body." I answered.

When you hold a grudge, you want someone else's sorrow to reflect your level of hurt but the two rarely meet.

"Do you remember what I used to tell you girls?" My mom asked.

"The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday." Brie replied.

"Exactly. The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward." My mom said.

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." My mom exclaimed.

I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.

"I lost my baby." I said, then crying again.

"Oh Honey, I'm sorry." My mom cried.

|3 weeks later|

|Brock|

Just as Brock was walking into the house, a vase smashed into the wall by his head scaring the crap out of him. He looked and saw Alex standing there.

What in the world are you doing?!" I said trying to keep calm.

"Dang I missed!" She said.

"Missed?! Were you trying to hit me?!" I growled. I looked down at the vase and gasped. "And this is my expensive vase my mother sent me!" I exclaimed.

"I don't care!" She yelled angrily.

Brock stopped when he stepped on some more glass. He looked down and saw various pieces of broken bottles, plates, and glass cups on the floor. He shook in pure rage.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked.

"You. Everything." She answered.

He took a deep breath.