14.

Tough girl, I'm in pain
It's lonely at the top, black outs and airplanes
And I still pour you a glass, of champagne
Tough girl whose soul aches

Nicole been half asleep when she heard the faint knock on her front door. Rolling onto her front with a huff, she'd almost written it off as a figment of her imagination when she heard the sound again. It was faint, but it was most certainly there.

Throwing the covers off in frustration, she barely had time to register the taunting glow of the clock on the cabinet - 11:36 - when the knocking hesitantly picked up.

"For fucks sake, hold on a minute!"

It was more of a rough whine than the angry shout she was going for but whatever. She quickly walked down the stairs to the front door.

The knocking had silenced just as she'd reached the door, and she could feel the annoyance bleeding through her. If she'd been woken up by some stupid prank or a something, then she was going to scream.

Was it too much to ask for a good 8 hours?

Clenching her fist, she turned the handle, flinging the door open with a soft bang. The light from the corridor was intense, and for a brief few moments she could barely see, blinking back the sleep from her eyes.

"I swear to god that you better have a fucking good reas-"

She was stopped dead in her tracks by the sight in front of her.

"Alex?" She asked.

"Hey Nicole, sorry to bother you but can I stay here for a few days?" I asked.

Alex was shaking, her arms wrapped self-consciously around her waist. Even though her gaze remained firmly fixed to the floor, it was easy to see that Alex had been crying.

No, correction, she thought, she was still crying. And goddamn if that didn't make her gut knot in spite of herself.

Alex's eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, tears streaking down her clammy cheeks; her lips were swollen and bleeding, a classic habit of Alex's whenever she was nervous or upset about something.

"Come on, get in here." Nicole said. Alex didn't say a word as she made her way inside Nicole's house. Taking a deep breath, Nicole pinched the bridge of her nose, rubbing her eyes as she followed Alex in, kicking the door shut behind her.

Nicole went back to bed then was wrapped up in Randy's arms. 

"Who was at the door?" He asked. 

"Alex, dad texted me what happened." Nicole mumbled. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

"Brock failed drug tests for ufc and didn't tell her." Nicole replied. 

"I'm going over there to talk to him." He told her. 

"Do it in the morning. Just remember, no fighting." Nicole said. 

"Okay, I won't" He replied going back to sleep.