Chapter 31 "Death..."

(Tori's POV)

I whimpered in pain as I was suddenly sent flying across the field. My wings bled from tears in the skin. I felt the blood trickle down my fur...

"Well kitty cat...do you still feel tough as nails?!" The pink haired girl who had thrown me against the tree taunted.

I pulled myself together and growled at her menacingly.

"Sure doesn't seem the mutt's giving up without a fight." The other girl drawled out with an uninterested expression, but her gaze seemed sad.

"Sandra you almost sound as if you hoped the mutt would give up!" The pink haired girl snarled out disgusted.

"Princess Maureen you shouldn't do such a tiring thing as waste your energy on that mongrel." The man beside Hikaru's prone body said gruffly.

I growled. These three seemed to be trouble, and if that pink haired girl really was a princess... Well that just meant that this whole thing was going to end terribly.

Oh... Poor Hikaru.

"Sandra, I command you to kill her!" Princess Maureen commanded with a snap of her fingers.

That's exactly when the others showed up!

Cole in his tiger form attacked Sandra from out of nowhere. Cornelius in his bear form attacked the burly guy by Hikaru. While that guy was distracted, Michael appeared only to lift up Hikaru and turn tails back into the forest. Then Ricky appeared right beside me, it all happened in a flash!

"Hey, Tori!" Ricky said trying to seem casual, but his eyes showed concern, "You're a mess, did you fall down a hill or something?"

I chuckled at his humor but the pain it caused made me pause for breath.

"Oh man, you really are in a terrible mess pal." Ricky said concerned as he knelt down beside me to take a closer look at the wound.

I agree. My beast growled out softly.

We haven't felt this bad since our last encounter with the Dark Hunters... I replied as a wave of tiredness passed through me.

"Hahaha... To think that you once could fight us off without the mere help of purebloods! How the mighty chosen one has fallen!" Princess Maureen taunted in my ear.

I flinched in surprise.

"What-?" Ricky started in surprise as unseen hands suddenly flung him away.

"So you're the mutt who killed my parents those many years ago?" She asked softly into my ears.

I didn't move an inch as I felt a slight pressure on my chest.

"So you're not going to answer me?" She started, "I see, then you're of no use to me whatsoever!"

Then the pressure on my chest increased, and I knew then and there that I would die. I just prayed that Hikaru would survive my death... And then there was Minori...

Oh, why didn't I tell her the truth?

Why didn't I at least tell her that I love her?

Or at least...

Enough! You have suffered enough. Now we part. My beast howled out a sad and lonely song. Do not let it end in such a sad manner, but smile as you always have!

I smiled inwardly at her as I felt the burning pain in my chest that meant my very heart had burst.

Slowly I sunk into an abyss of darkness that was warm and welcoming...

Already, I couldn't remember why I hadn't wanted this to begin with.

To Be Continued...