Chapter 10 "A unwanted visit..."

(Minori's POV)

"Minori! Hikaru's here!" My mom yelled up to me in my room.

I wanted to ignore him, but then my mom would frown and ask questions that I wouldn't want to answer. So I got up from my chair in front of my computer and started downstairs. When I got to the living room, Hikaru was seated on the couch changing the channels on my large screen TV.

"What do you want?!" I hissed out quietly so that my mom wouldn't hear.

"What does it look like? I'm here to see you." He said glancing up at me with wrinkles on his forehead.

He looked worried.

"Are you still going to keep Victoria Saul?" He asked.

I sighed in frustration.

"Yes, and not only that, but I'm going on a date with her tomorrow." I whispered out sweetly.

I didn't want my mom to hear this. She didn't have a clue that I was interested in girls, and I so didn't need her finding out yet. Hikaru on the other hand knew, and so far he'd been supportive.

"You can't be serious?! Minori, please, Tori is dangerous and so are those people who hang out with her!" Hikaru whispered back furiously.

"I like her a lot, and she doesn't seem dangerous to me at all!" I said with a snort.

"You're making a mistake!" Hikaru exclaimed.

"And you don't understand!" I throw back through clinched teeth.

"She's a monster!" Hikaru hissed out through gritted teeth.

That threw me off...

A monster? Tori a monster?! No, Hikaru must be wrong! If anyone was a monster it was me! I couldn't imagine another person like me out there in the world, except that beautiful creature I dreamt...

"She isn't what you think she is! She's nothing like humans, you'll find out soon enough, and when you do. Come to the Student Council, we'll help you." Hikaru said solemnly as he got up.

For the first time since I knew Hikaru, I felt a chill go up my spine.

Fear.

"I won't need your help, or the Student Council's, so don't loose any sleep over it." I said in disgust as he started for the door. "And I don't want to see you until you say sorry for calling Tori a monster. Is that understood?"

I was mad at him.

But I was hurt by his words, since if he thought Tori was a monster. What would he think of me? When I closed the door behind him, I felt the tears fall down my cheeks.

I simply felt alone with my dark deep secret separating me from everyone else in the world.

It just wasn't fair!