Chapter 6 "Seriously!"

(Minori's POV)

"Hikaru!" I exclaimed excited when I entered the library.

Hikaru and I had a college class now, but since we only really had it on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. We got free time today on a Tuesday! But I was really excited over that mornings exchange between Tori and I.

"Someone got up on the good side of the bed..." Hikaru grumbled out when I took a seat at the round table he was seated in.

I giggled.

"You won't believe the luck I've gotten?!" I exclaimed loud enough that the librarian had to shush me.

"What happened?" He grumbled out, but this time there was amusement in his dark brown eyes.

"I've finally found my artist!" I whispered excitedly to him.

"Really! Who?!" He asked curious.

"Well... Victoria Saul!" I said so excited that I forgot to whisper.

"Shhh..." The librarian shushed me, but there was an amused glint in her eyes.

"Seriously!" Hikaru exclaimed, but he exclaimed it in shock.

The amusement faded from his eyes.

"What's wrong Hikaru?" I asked bewildered.

"You have to stay away from her! She's dangerous and so are her friends!" Hikaru said with an edge in his eyes.

I gaped at him in utter disbelief.

"What the hell! She's the best artist in school, and you want me to let go of her?!" I exclaimed hurt by his reaction.

"I could be your artist, or even better, I can get someone who paints real swell from the Student Council to help you out." Hikaru said.

"I don't need anyone else, and I most certainly don't need you to abuse your powers as Student Council President for me!" I said getting up from the table.

I stomped out of the library leaving a stunned Hikaru behind.

Good riddance! I sniffed, but the tears started running down my cheeks. Hikaru should've known better, the local Art Gallery meant the world to me because my grandma gave it to me on the day she died. Now I was finally old enough to open it up to the public once more! And by God! I was going to do it with or without Hikaru's stupid help!

But with Tori's help, the opening was bound to be spectacular!

I smiled at the thought as I went to look for someplace quiet where I could work on my plans for the Art Gallery.