Chapter 27 "Switch!"

(Hikaru's POV)

I can't believe what I was watching! I had just seen Arianna Karlstad throw a spikey snowball! Weirder yet...

I felt odd.

How should I put it?

Normally, I felt laid back and relaxed. Maybe even a little playful at times, but this feeling was different... I felt tense.

For me... That was odd.

"Everyone shut up!" Tori suddenly exclaimed.

Everyone in the room froze.

"I have to talk to Hikaru." Tori said, then emphasized, "Now. Alone. Please."

Everyone scrambled out the door except for Michael. He lingered as everyone else left the room. Then, Tori went over and closed the door with a slam!

"I guess you can stay." Tori said glancing briefly at Michael, then turned to face me. "We have a problem."

The very words I've always tried to avoid, sadly, it seemed the world was against me.

"What went wrong with the binding?" I asked worried.

"Nothing." Tori stated, but quickly added, "Nothing, except for the fact we seem to have traded personalities."

I couldn't help it... I gaped.

"There have been records of such occurrences in the past..." Michael said as he carried a thoughtful look on his face, then he sighed, "The records are much to old and fragile to be read now."

"Surely there's a way to switch us back to normal?" I asked.

Tori and Michael shared a glance.

"I mean, who wants to be so tense all the time?!" I retorted.

"Hey!" Tori suddenly exclaimed with a glare at me, "Who would want to be such a lazy assed person?!"

We glared at one another...

"Ahem." Michael cleared his throat trying to break the tension in the air. "Surely you can just try and act like you normally do?"

"It feels to weird!"

"It's to much work!"

Tori and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Ah, I guess you guys are going to have to talk to an oracle." Michael stated with a sigh.

Tori flinched.

"No way am I going to see a goddamn oracle!" Tori replied firmly.

"So what will we do?!" I asked sarcastically.

Michael suddenly had a huge smile on his face.

"It seems you two are already turning back to normal." Michael commented.

And I realized he was right, I was starting to feel like my old self!

Oh thank god!

"That feels better." Tori said gruffly, her expression seemed serious but there was a pleased look in her eyes.

I sure hope that never happens again! I thought with a relieved sigh.

I must agree there! A gruff voice entered my head.

I exchanged surprised looks with Tori.

Did my beast just talk to you?! Tori asked in disbelief.

I guess so... I responded.

Michael looked intrigued by us and that's when I realized that Tori and I had done our little chat mentally!

"Cool." I breathed out after taking in that knowledge.

"Yeah." Tori stated with a calculating look in her eyes. "We'll have to figure out what else comes out of this bargain before we ever go out in public. We don't need accidents happening right now... At least I can't afford to have accidents on my hands at the moment."

"I agree." Michael said, "Hikaru, you're going to have to miss school for a couple of days."

I shrugged.

It's not like school really meant anything to me... No, not really. But Tori may really hate missing..?

"Nah, I don't mind missing some days, at least until we've gotten this Bind thing down pat." Tori stated with a smirk at me.

Damn! I'm gonna have to be careful with my thoughts... Wait, shouldn't I be able to read her thoughts to?!

Tori's smirk widened.

I am so going to enjoy this... Suddenly the coherent thought that wasn't mine entered my head.

Tori's smirk disappeared and her eyes-widened in surprise.

It was my turn to smirk! Hah!