Chapter 14 "The mystery caller..."

(Minori's POV)

"Riinnngggg...riinnngggg...riinnngggg!" My cellphone went off from where it was charging on its charger.

I went over to my desk, and picked it up.

'Caller Unknown.'

I frowned, but picked up.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked.

"You can't go out with Victoria Saul." An unfamiliar voice stated.

It was male.

"She is a beast unlike anything you've ever imagined. We will not be to blame if your safety is jeopardized." The voice warned, its voice sending chills down my back, "But ask her about the Bestia De Lengenda."

A click on the other side showed me that the other person had hung up.

I felt frozen for a second.

Then my breath came out shaky as I placed the cellphone on the desk.

Bestia De Lengenda... My Latin may have been rusty, but I recognized the first word and I could probably guess what the rest meant. Bestia was beast, de was of, and Lengenda was legend.

Beast of Legend...

What could it mean?

Nothing. Maybe everything!

I glanced at the time on my cellphone.

1:56 pm.

Damn! Tori would be here soon, and I had to be downstairs before she knocked or something! My mom couldn't meet Tori yet!

With a groan of frustration, I placed my cellphone in my purse. Then I started downstairs. Hopefully whoever the creep on the phone had been...

Had better sense than to ruin my date with Tori, because no matter what crap he said about Tori...

The real thing was nothing compared to the damage I could do!

No one will mess around with our mate! The voice in my head growled, and for once I agreed.

Though I had to question the mate part.