Chapter 19 "Hysterias!"

(Tori's POV)

Later that afternoon, I dropped off Minori and headed home.

"You're home!" A small fluff of pink attached itself to me.

"What the hell have they done to you?!" I exclaimed between horror and disbelief at what I was seeing.

Anita was covered from head to toe in pink. Her hair was pink, the blanket around her was pink, and even her slippers were a fuzzy pink. I think my eyes will never be the same...

"What do you think? I even had cousin Cole and Dawn dress up!" Anita announced proudly.

I finally tore my eyes away from her and towards the two people behind her.

"OHMYFREAKINGGOD!" I exclaimed with wide-eyes.

Cole was completely purple! His normally wavy black hair was spiked up and very purple. He was covered by a purple blanket and had on some purple slippers. All in all, he didn't look very manly at the moment for a lone wolf who kicked ass.

Then my gaze strayed to Dawn. Oh my... Dawn's hair was dyed blue and puffed out! She was also covered in a blue blanket with blue slippers!

I took another look at each one, then started walking for the living room.

"Ah, Tori, are you okay?" Cole asked wearily.

Finally, I sat down on my couch and broke out in hysterias. Soon my belly was aching from all the laughter and I had tears falling down my cheeks. A girl could only handle so much...

"What the hell happened to all of you?!" I finally asked through all the laughter.

Their faces were priceless! Cole and Dawn were gaping at me in disbelief, although, Anita the little brat! She was actually grinning evilly!

Poor Cole and Dawn, they probably didn't know what even got them...

"Ah, well, we went shopping like you told us to...and...ah..." Cole stammered looking at his feet like a little schoolboy who got caught writing mean things about the teacher on the chalkboard.

"We got carried away." Dawn finished for him with a blush.

"Actually, I asked them if they had ever wanted to dye their hair, because I really wanted to dye mine!" Anita said with a grin.

"Uh-huh...so you cunningly had them agree to dye your hair?" I asked with an uplifted brow.

The kid actually squirmed under my gaze.

I finally sighed, and had the damn feeling that it wasn't the last of my sighs. Aw... Hell!

"Forget it, I just hope that that is gone before you start school on Monday!" I said pointing at Anita's hair.

The three people turned to look at one another.

"Ahem, you can all go to your rooms now." I put in.

They marched right to their rooms without so much as a protest. I almost laughed again! They were such kids!

It reminded me of my first meeting with Cole and Dawn.

"Hi, I'm Dawn!" The long black haired girl said with her hand held out to me.

I stared at it, then slowly raised my now clean hands and clasped her hand in a handshake.

"Hello, the names Tori." I stated, letting the oddly fresh name roll out of my tongue.

"That's my cousin, Cole." Dawn said after we had let go hands.

The boy behind her was sulking.

"Cole come say hi to your cousin, Tori!" Uncle Rex said firmly, his hands on my shoulders.

"No! I don't like her! She feels weird!" Cole huffed out, his eyes unfriendly as they looked directly into mine.

I would have flinched, except those eyes carried grief in them.

"I'm so sorry—" Dawn started out, but I cut her off.

"No, it's okay. After all, I don't like you two either." I said with a smirk.

Dawn flinched, and Cole seemed about ready to pounce on me.

"Tori?!" Uncle Rex growled out disapprovingly.

"Hey, I promised to babysit the two brats. I never promised to like them!" I said with a wink at the two, "The girl isn't really cut out to be an Omega, and the boy can probably be easily riled up. Both are going to be handicaps."

I stated everything bluntly and saw the two brat's exchange looks.

"Tori, I should've known better than to listen to the elders when it came to hiring a brat!" Uncle Rex snarled out.

"See, I'm a brat to! Now doesn't that make us even?" I asked the two kids in front of me with a mischievous grin.

They broke out into hysterias! Uncle Rex looked baffled at their laughter, until he noticed that I was shaking with silent laughter too! Then he broke out in laughter to!

"That's enough for one day! You two!" A lady exclaimed from the doorway, "Up to your rooms! Rex, go change for dinner!"

Cole and Dawn immediately clammed up and marched into the house, probably heading for their room. And Uncle Rex grumbled but obeyed! I just stood staring wide eyed at her.

"You can call me Aunt Sasha!" She said as she came over to me and gave me a bear hug. "And I'm Rex's wife."

I was kind of glad that I had taken a bath before coming, or else, I'd have ended up missing out on this hug. She smelled of lavender... I didn't even notice the tears running down my cheeks, and she didn't say a word as she took me into the house.

Somehow, I felt like I was finally home.

That memory was relaxing...

I remember the great time we had together in that little house. The house was in the middle of nowhere, and had a bunch of horses and cattle. A mixture of cows and sheep, there were even a couple of chickens!

I loved it!

And it was home for a short time...before the Dark Hunters found us.

"Oh, Aunt Sasha." I said as I grabbed a photograph of her from the nightstand at my side, "What am I going to do about those two cousins of mine? And then there's the kid?!"

I groaned in remorse knowing that she was never going to answer me. After all, the dead don't speak. They haunt.