Chapter 29 "Shockingly..!"

(Tori's POV)

I was still in shock by the fact that I had tied myself to a person like...well...Hikaru.

We had been training together for the past three days, trying to figure out all this bonding business. Hey! I may be smart, but there hasn't been a single bond in the Saul's family clan for three hundred years.

Meaning, we were clueless, except for the old lullabies we were taught as children. Though even that still dumbfounded me! Why would the shape-shifters and hunters have such a spell in their midst?

Weren't the two enemies?

I sighed as I thought it over... As a child, the story of Salome Saul was a well known one. One that I had taken a chance on, though, I'm betting the hunters has had more bonding's with various shape-shifting clans than they've let on. It wouldn't come as a surprise to me, seeing as they still do value those bonds. To bad my clan's history isn't as enlightening.

Sometimes I wish Salome Saul were still alive. To bad she's been dead for two hundred and sixty-five years. This world could use another Salome Saul...

"What's wrong with you?" Hikaru asked with an uplifted eyebrow as he slouched down beside me on the hard ground.

"Nothing, just wishing it was over." I stated coolly.

He had the nerve to smirk!

"Already missing Minori?" Hikaru asked casually before adding, "Well to bad if I can handle their exercises then you can to!"

Now both our gazes returned to the people over by the lake.

The old fart, Michael, who for an elder of the hunters happened to be very interested in our little bond. I had my suspicions there, but wasn't about to voice them out loud. Then there's my damn cousin, Cole, and my so-called friend/cousin Ricky. And last but not least Cornelius Lawrence. Agh!

Hikaru and I gave out a disgusted snort at the prospect of another lesson.

"Want to leave this place for a short break?" I whispered to Hikaru.

"Oh boy. So Miss By The Rule Book want's to actually do something naughty." Hikaru said with a smirk.

"Well hanging around with you was bound to rub off on me." I retorted but glanced with a contemplating look at the area surrounding us.

"Your serious?" Hikaru asked having caught on to my speculating eyes.

I gave a sharp nod to him.

"Hmmm..." Hikaru smiled at the prospect and gave me a nod in return, "Well think of something quickly, I want to leave this place to."

"Good, because I have a plan." I stated and with a smirk, I mentally sent him an image of my plan.

"Oh. Devious aren't you?" Hikaru chuckled, "But I like it!"

As soon as we get away from here, how about we meet up with Minori somewhere? Hikaru mentally asked me.

Hmm... I'll tell her to meet us at Las Tortugas. How about it? I asked back.

Fine with me but I think you should broaden your food choices. I mean, Mexican food all the time has got to be tiring! Hikaru snorted.

Of course I broaden my views! Isn't ramen a Chinese dish?! I exclaimed mentally with a mental laugh attached.

Very funny... Hikaru stated dryly.

"So, how about now?" I asked with a wink at him.

"Yep! Now's good." He said as he got up and started jogging towards the others.

The others didn't suspect a thing until they saw him flint into the woods suddenly. They all moved to follow him when I decided to make my move... Changing in midair I swiftly ran into the woods to.

As soon as I had reached the inside of the woods, I felt someone on my trailing me. So I did what any prey would, I ran! My wings held tightly to my sides as I moved between trees and plants.

Why not fight?! My beast growled out angrily.

We don't want to hurt them! We just want to have a short break from all the training! I growled back.

Tori, are you still free? Hikaru asked through our link.

Yep, and I'm guessing you are to?! I snorted as I caught a flash of his smugness.

Oh yeah, still free as a bird! Then the connection broke with a sharp yank!

Idiot. What has he gotten himself into this time?! I changed course and started running towards his direction.

A sharp twist in my gut showed me how frightening this new experience was for me. The others hadn't been able to break our mental connection like that, and sadly neither could Hikaru or me. Whatever had happened to Hikaru, it wasn't good.

Then I suddenly reached another clearing, not our clearing but another one, and this one was filled with Dark Hunters!