Chapter 15- After The Battle

This sure felt like death. I couldn't feel any of my limbs, hear any sound, or even see. It kind of felt like a deep sleep, a sleep I never wanted to be awaken from. Sadly, that was a wish I didn't get...

"Averi!" A voice echoed in my ears, barely even loud enough to be made out. "Averi! Are you ok? Can you hear me?"

I force out a grunt, that one action being more painful that I would ever have guessed. "Too early..." I mumble. "Please... let me sleep..."

"No, my dear, you must wake up!" The voice urged. "If you go to sleep it could be forever, that power drained everything out of you!"

It was only when they called me 'my dear' did I actually give my full attention. It wasn't my father's voice, but a warm and gentle tone. It allowed me to figure out exactly who it was.

Drowsily, my eyes flutter open, only to be met with a world of blur. "What... what happened?" I ask, attempting to sit up, only to find out I couldn't move at all. "Shamon! I can't feel my legs!"

It was true, the only parts of my body I was able to move at the moment was everything above my neck. I was panicked, until I heard Shamons voice again. "Calm down, my dear." He reassures, putting a paw on my head to keep it still. "Your senses will return soon enough."

It didn't take long for my vision to return, and when it did I was able to see everybody gathered around my body, their eyes glued to me as if they expected something to happen. "Are you guys ok?" I asked my friends, not even caring about any injuries I may have.

They found my concern amusing. "Thankfully, that little lightning show you gave us didn't hurt too badly." Raye hissed from behind. "Even though my hands still feel as if they're asleep."

"What the hell was that anyway?" Jasper jumped in. "It felt like I stuck a charged wire to my skull!"

"Will you both shut up!" Mika suddenly snapped, her hands flying through the air as she shoves them away from me. "That magic did loads more damage to you, A, then it did to any of us, so stop listening to those level heads."

I was thankful to hear my brothers also. "Will she be ok?" Marcus asked Shaman, his tone ringing with worry.

Out of the corner of my eye, I seen him give a swift nod. "Black Magic is a very strange force, my boy. It can do damaging things to its holder, but nothing that's untreatable."

He was right. After a good few minutes passed, I was finally able to wiggle my paws. Soon it was my front legs, then my back, and finally my haunch. The feeling in my tail refused to return, so it just hung limp at my legs as I wobbly rose from the ground. My brothers were there to greet me, standing to support both my sides as I lift my head from my paws. I swear, my skull felt as if it weighed 3 tons, and the feeling of spinning just made it worse.

Thankfully, I was ok. "Did I win the fight?" I asked, glancing over to Shamon, who right now, just looked like a huge white blur.

I was genuinely afraid of the answer, but what was before I seen a nod. "You did, my dear." He replied, his voice full of pride. "Your father can no longer hurt you anymore."

I felt my fur stand on edge. "Wait... what?"

My sight had almost fully returned now, and I was now able to notice everybody's gaze turn all at once to something in the center of the clearing. I still struggled to see far away, but what I could make out was a black mass lying motionless in the dirt, it's wings splayed out in awkward directions around its body.

Without even caring how much it hurt, I leave the sides of my brothers and take off toward the body, stumbling over my own feet, but somehow making it there. When I got close enough, I was able to recognize the pitch black pelt of my father in a state I had never seen him in before.