Chapter 2- Part Of The Land

Robin's P.O.V

It had been a while since we were here, but it was no surprise that nothing had changed. Same sky, same clouds, same ocean of green below us. It had completely taken us by shock the first time we came here, how the Werewolves had completely mastered living in such an environment.

I watched Averi as she ran from one side of the cabin to the other, trying to take in every inch of her home. I had felt terrible taking her away from here in the first place, so this was almost like us paying her back in a way.

She wasn't the only one who was taking in this planet's glory though. My eyes fell to Jason next to me, and his jaw was completely dropped at the sight. "This is where she lives?" He asked.

I gave him a small nodded. "You can see why she loves this place that much."

After we had gotten far enough down to where the ship was practically skimming the treetops, Cyborg gets the help of Averi as he tried to find a better place to land then last time. Our goal is to try and get on the wolves good side, because I don't think they will be any nicer this time around than they were the last.

"Can you take us to your pack?" Cyborg asks as he begins to maneuver through the trees and towards the ground.
Averi nods. "I would suspect though that by now they've sent a patrol to find us like the first time you guys landed here."

Beastboy didn't like the sound of that. "We're not gonna get tied up again, are we?" He asked.

Raven scowls. "Or thrown against the side of a ship."

I almost laughed at the look on Averi's face. "It was one time!" She growled. "How long are you guys gonna hang that over my head?"

Finally, we were set safely on the ground and were able to exit the ship. That time couldn't have come sooner, we were all extremely eager to get out in the open and away from the cramped compartments of the ship.

The door hadn't even opened all the way, but that didn't stop Averi from crawling under it and dashing down the down the ramp in her full wolf form. As soon as her paws touched the surface of her planet, she falls to the ground and begins rolling in the fresh grass, laughing and howling louder than I have ever heard before.

"I thought I would never see this place again!" She exclaims, now back on her feet and running full circles around the ship. "I'm back!"

As everyone's attention was turned to her, Jason just couldn't stop admiring the beautiful scenery. "I've never seen trees this big before." He says in awe, setting his hand on one of the trunks.

Now that I was able to actually study my surroundings while not being blinded with fear, I noticed that everything actually did seem to be at a bigger scale than on earth. That may be the reason the wolves had their unnatural growth, just another evolutionary outcome.

Putting aside all scientific examinations, this place was very beautiful. Ivy grown up the sides of every trunk, and dozens of birds were already beginning to dot the branches of the surrounding trees. They resembled earth birds, but these had more vibrant feathers, and their little chirps sounded almost like a chorus of music.

This planet was nothing more than a rich landscape of nature, something earth use to be but wasn't anymore. I admired the wolves for this, they didn't try and conquer nature, they lived with it and thrived with it. Every detail about this place was beautiful.

Except maybe the sharp fangs of the very creature we were searching for now.

I couldn't stop the shaky breath from leaving my lips. "Hopefully the wolves will be a lot nicer than they were before, or at least more gentle."