Chapter 13- Battle Of The Demons

My paws barely touched the ground as we raced through the trees. My mind refused to let me have a second of peace, going through everything Shaman had ever told me about my demon, which wasn't even much to begin with. I had no idea how I was going to do this, but by Fenris I was going to die trying.

As soon as we stepped out of the cave, we instantly noticed the pitch black skies above, all circling around one point only. The camp. His power was surging, and even this far away I could feel it.

The Titans tried to put their words in before we left, but my mind was already made up. I was going to fight, and I was going to win.

"Do you even have a plan?" Robin asked, shouting over the wind in the trees and the stomping of running feet. "Or are you just going to wing it?"

I didn't even bother looking his direction. "There's no time for planning! Every second we waste, Shaman grows weaker, and he won't last forever!"

As we neared, the feeling of his presence became almost too overwhelming to handle. It was as if I could feel his every move, hear his every breath.

When we finally got there, every wolf in the clearing was now in a flying fury, trying their best to help out in this fight. I couldn't see my father, but my best guess what that he was hiding in the giant fog clouded in the center of all the chaos.

There were now huge flashes of red radiating from every corner of the camp, not just from the fog, I even seen some in the skies clouds, almost like a giant demonic lightning storm had completely devoured any sign of the world I remember before.

"Where's..." Skop begins, but was cut off by a loud roar. Suddenly, a white streak crossed my vision as something was thrown clear out of the fog and into the base of the mountain.

My stomach did a full flip when I recognized the familiar red marking of the Shaman. Without even calling for him, I race over, not to help him up, but to drag him behind the stones to hide us.

As he tried to catch his breath I studied his condition, which wasn't any better than I expected. His feathers on his wings were ruffled and tattered, while small burn marks were able to be seen throughout his body. One of his paws was bent in a way that almost made me vomit. Definitely broken. There was also a red hue coming off of him, probably from his magic, which was already beginning to fade.

"Averi!" He exclaimed when his vision finally focused. "I told you to get away from here!"

"I'm not going anywhere Sham." I settle the conversation right then. "This isn't your fight."

I could tell he wanted to argue, but everybody was brought to silence by the fog now averting its path toward us. "Where are you Shaman?"

THAT VOICE! Oh that voice! My heart just about burst out of my chest when I heard it. Just that deep, rough tone told me exactly who it was.

All of a sudden, this large mass appeared through the darkness, and I could barely believe what I saw. It was this creature, almost wolf like, with matted black fur and even full pieces of flesh missing right off the bone! There was one angle where I could literally see straight through its ribs to the other side. Its long claws scraped against the Clearing floor as it comes closer and closer, and the long fangs were still dripping with fresh blood. The only thing that gave it away was the eyes.

The eyes. Those crimson red eyes that had made me pray for death hundreds of time before. The same ones I've seen walking into the den, the ones that always made me question if I was even going to see another day.

"What happened to him?" I asked Shaman in words that were barely able to be understood.

He wasn't about to take his gaze off father. "The demon gained enough power to overcome the host body, turning it into something of its own pleasures. He's stronger now, both physical and magical." He took a long pause. "I'm not even I know how to beat him now."