Chapter 14- True Power

I had frantically reached to my belt, desperate for anything that could help me, but most of my knives had been knocked away during the fight. I almost lost hope, until that one fateful second when my fingers grazed past my pocket and I was able to feel the small outline of an X beneath the fabric.

The X stars. They have been here this whole time.

I didn't waste one second. My grip latched onto the metal surface, and before my father could even grasp what was happening, I wind back and jam the knife right into one of his eyes.

The glowing stops as he lets out a roar of pain. I seen the dark fog fading from around us as he lost grip on its power, and thankfully, it just dissipates. When my vision was clear, I was able to see all the wolves around us. The Titans had found their footing, but were still too weak to aid in the fight, so they just stood by the rocks watching aimlessly.

I was so busy focusing on the audience, I completely forgot that a simple needle in the eye wasn't gonna stop my father.

I felt the presence behind me, the paw draw back for a hard blow, but it was blocked as a blank mass leaps in front of me. I only knew who it was because I seen the red X on his forehead as he draws a blade and slices at my father's throat, not wounding him, but knocking him to the side, giving just enough time to back away.

"Jay!" I exclaim as he helps me stand straight again. "What are you-"

"I'm not letting you fight this alone." He interrupts. "You told me to stay by your side, and that exactly where I'm gonna be."

I didn't even have time to argue as my attention drift back to the wolf standing in front of us, the star still sticking out of his eye. Father didn't try to strike though, he just stared, and I did not like the look in his eyes. "A human...." He begins. "And a... Werewolf?"

It didn't take long for him to understand, and when he did, he just bursts into the loudest laughter I had ever heard come out of a living creature, and also probably the most scariest. "I should have known!" He growls, snapping his head back to us. "Of course somebody with as deep a hatred as you had would need a reason to find such comfort in the pathetic earthling race! You've fallen for a human!"

The dead silence that followed was the worst thing I had ever endured. He said it, and he said it loudly. Everybody in the clearing heard, and since I was so far away, it was hard to tell what they thought about it.

My father found it hilarious. "I've always known you were too weak to resist." He pauses for a moment. "Just like your father was."

"No!" I growl, lunging and attempting to knock him off his feet. I don't know why I even tried, but I guess I was sick of feeling the rage locked inside of me for so long.

My claws rake down his neck, but with the extra muscle he added to the body, it barely even cut fur. "Save your breath, mortal, there's no need to try and hide something that's already found." I suddenly feel his long claws as his arm extends, grabbing my neck and bringing my face so close my snout was almost touching his. I even felt that long snake tongue graze my chin.

My breath was almost cut off, but not quite. He still did not wish to kill me... yet. "You know my dear, you and your father both had one thing in common. You both never really cared at first, you prayed for the demon to rip you apart, because you had almost lost hope that things could get better." He pauses, looking behind me to Jay. "That was until they found something worth living for."

I was about to say something back, but that was before I hear a loud grunt, and I forcefully yank my head around to see a large cloud of smoke engulfing Jay, his entire body just floating in the middle of the cloud. Judging by how tensed his muscles were, it wasn't just fog, it was pure agony.