Chapter 11- Acceptance

Jason's P.O.V

I don't think my back has ever been so sore. It had already been a sleepless night from being stuck on hard rocks and having to listening to distant howling every 5 minutes, now it felt as if a knife was butchering me in the spine.

It was pretty early in the morning when I woke, and most of the wolves had already began moving, even Averi and her friends. They had disappeared from across the Carving where they fell asleep last night, and they were nowhere to be found now.

The other Titans were still dead asleep, but that didn't stop me from reaching to my side and slapping Dick awake. No way was I gonna sit here alone.

I watch as my brothers eye flutter open under his stupid glasses that somehow still managed to stay on his face through the night. Did he tape them on his face or something, Jesus Christ Dick. "What time is it?" He mumbled drowsily, rising into a sitting position.

"Still morning." I reply as I start checking my stitches. Nothing terrible, but the one of my forehead was still pretty painful.

Dick didn't look any better as he traces his fingers along the huge claw mark on his chest. "I would take the criminals in Jump city any day over these devil dogs." I could tell by his voice that he meant that. "I still can't get those fights out of my head."

I scoff. "At least you didn't have a dream about them!" A shudder when through my body. "I was back in the ring, but this time with one of those Hellhounds! The scary part was how real it felt."

He actually found that amusing. "Well, we won't have to go back anytime soon."

It was only a few second later we heard a familiar voice. "Rise and shine, Sleeping Beautys!"

Everybody was jolted awake as we were suddenly surrounded by a group of teens, all with chunks of meat hanging from their jaws. Let's see how many wolves I can name... there was Jayh, Allah, Miller, Skop, Melarkee, Mika, Raye, and Jasper, along with a few others that I still didn't recognize. I would have panicked at the sight of all of them at once if Averi hadn't been one of those wolves in the group.

They found the looks of confusion on our teammates faces amusing as they were all riled awake. "Fenris, you humans can sleep." Jayh laughed. "We thought you'd never wake up."

Dick just stared at them in confusion. "Wait, how long have-"

"Werewolves rise with the sun, Wonder Boy." Averi jumps in. "Which was hours ago."

Raven grumbles under her breath as she lifts herself off the ground where she slept. "You wake up early here, yet on earth you don't come out of your room until 3 in the afternoon?"

"Strange huh." She smirked before gesturing to the wolves around her. "We thought you might be hungry after the fights."

My eyes studied the food, which mostly just looked like pieces of raw animal parts.  "Their smoked." Allah adds, reading our minds. "We don't need you humans getting worms."

"And trust us, you don't want Werewolf worms." Skop said, but everybody seemed to stutter at the remark.

They began passing around the food, and that's when I suddenly realized the miracle before me. "What's with the change of heart?" I ask as I took the meat from Mika, who happened to be the closest. "Just yesterday you guys wanted us dead."

"That was before you used Baid as your pincushion." Miller replied jeeringly. "I mean, not like we haven't tried, but I never would have thought humans would have the guts to do it."

"It's mostly towards you, Jay." Melarkee adds, stealing a quick glance at the other Titans. "No offense to you guys, but he seemed to be the only one not scared out of his pelt."