Chapter 11- The Demon Within

Averi's P.O.V
As soon as the words filled my ears, I knew that we were officially, 100 percent, screwed. My head instantly snapped around, not surprised by who I saw. There was Raven Raye, armed crossed, leaning against the trunk of a tree with a look of pure shock imprinted on her face.

I could barely force anything out of my mouth. "What..." I stuttered. "How did you-"

"What do you think? I followed your scent here." She snaps before I could even finish. "But it's not like you've been trying hard to hide it. Did you expect I wouldn't notice that little scene that played put this morning, you were stuttering more than an imprinting bird!"

I scoffed, taking a second to work out how to respond. "It wasn't that bad..."

"Oh, it was that bad." Her tone rang with aggravation at my defensive attitude. "Your lucky I was the only one who cared enough to notice."

I began rubbing my temple with my fingers. "Ok, whatever! Now you know, so what do you plan to do now?"

She gave a sharp shrug. "I don't know, I barely understand what I just saw!" Her eyes teetered between me and Jay. "Which I'm hoping was just some friendly face battling and not the make out session anybody would take it to be..."

"Raye, come on, its not like that." I hiss between my teeth.

"Then what is it like?" She fired back. "Because it looks as if you've gotten a little too comfortable with the humans! What the hell have you been doing these past few months?"

I let out another huff. "I know its bad, but that's why I tried to hide it!"

Her glare was enough to melt my flesh as she did nothing but stare dead into my eyes. Finally, she just lets out a small snort. "Girl, when I said don't be falling for any humans on earth, I didn't mean it as a challenge."

Oh Fenris, I'm never gonna live this down. "Your not gonna tell anybody, are you?"

She just blankly stared at my face before a few minutes before beginning to walk closer to me, an action that was very suspicious. "I just have one question for you, nothing to hard, I just gotta know."

I made the mistake of not tensing my muscles, and just as I did, I get another swift punch in the shoulder. I let out a painful yelp as I had to stop myself from stumbling sideways. "Is this how its gonna be with you from now on?" I exclaim bitterly.

She just ignored the remark. "Are you crazy? Do even know what you're doing?" She seen my confusing as I rubbed my now bruised arm, and just kept talking. "Half the wolves in this planet are expecting you to be a traitor, to go to the side of the humans! How do you think this will look when they find out you're with one of those aliens?"

"I'm standing right here." Jay spits, his annoyance getting the best of him.

Raye just shoots him a glare. "You're lucky you're pretty, or I'd have already shredded that face of yours to pieces."

I draw her attention back to me. "This is what I've been afraid of since I even started dating him. You guys were the first things I thought about, and I considered it for days before making the decision!"

"Then why did you decide to start dating?" She asked, almost spitting it in my face. "How do you think they're going to react to this little secret?"

"I dont know, thats why I'm not telling them!" That answer didn't seem to convince her. "They would for sure try and kill us!"

She throws her hands in the air. "Of course they would! You're the daughter of Hustler, who fell for a human and then became possessed!" She stressed the last few words as if this was some kind of romantic tragedy. "Its doesnt look to good when his heir is following in those paw prints."