Chapter 7- Invisible To The Wolf

Jason's P.O.V
She didn't even give us a second to prepare before stepping out of the tree line. She did that on purpose, kind of like ripping off a band aid, get the hard part over with so the other person doesn't back out. I didn't realize how terrified I actually was until it was too late. I take one step after the other, until the leaves disappear around us and we were hit with the view of the rings.

This was a huge clearing at the base of a mountain range, all piled around this stone colosseum in the center that seemed to be carved out of solid rock. That must have been where the fights were held. Nothing was happening now, everybody just stood around it, having their own fun before the games began.

My heart was already out of my chest when I seen how many wolves there were here. They all looked in their teen years, no adults, children or even elders. My senses couldn't even take it in all at once, so many things to look at and hear. People's eyes drifted to us, but they seemed to busy with their own lives to worry about the phony Werewolves, thank god.

Averi was bursting with excitement as she instantly began socializing with dozens of wolves at once, fist pumping and high fiving like they were all friends. I thought the packs didn't get along.

Her packmates did the same thing, all seeming to have their certain squads they drifted too. Us humans didn't even know what to do first. Do we talk to people, or just stay to ourselves? Who is safe to trust? I sure wished Averi hadn't left us this soon.

"It never hurts to talk to people." All the Titans seemed to jump when we hear Mika voice behind us, and I watch as she finally steps out into the open. "As long as you avoid any Northerners, you'll be fine. Their clever, and not as gullible as the other packs. Just don't say anything out of line to anyone, and nobody will get hurt."

After that, she prances off into the crowd, and for some reason, watching her leave gave me a tiny drop of hope. I haven't even known her for that long and I could already see that she was a more peaceful person than the others around her. If she could survive here, how hard could it be for us.

The others seemed very hesitant, so I thought I would be the first to get the ball rolling. Putting on my toughest face, the same I used back on the streets of Jump city and Gotham, I walk into the ocean of unknown, leaving the Titans back at the trees. They were just gonna have to learn on their own, this was my chance to see what this kind was all about.

As I weaved through the crowd, I couldn't help but take in how strange it felt to actually be standing in the middle of hundreds of giant wolves. To make it better, they believed that I was one of them. It was almost as if I was completely invisible, and for once in my life, I didn't mind that.

It was extremely loud, people barking and howling every few seconds in my ear. Honestly I was expecting to see full out brawls being broke out in every corner of this place, but really, it wasn't that bad. People were somewhat civil, playing their own little games as they divided themselves into small groups to interact with. I even recognized Tackle Ball when a bunch of wolves suddenly stumbles past, one almost knocking me over in the process. Drinks were also starting to be passed around, but judging by how dazed people got after just one sip, that stuff was stronger than anything earth had.

My good thoughts didn't last very long though. Just as I had walked out off small circle in the crowd, 2 wolves burst into the open, their claws fully out and ripping into each other's flesh. People instantly began shouting and cheering as the two tore each other to shreds, grouping around in a circle to get a better view.

One of the fighters was a scrawny kid with a bald head, still pretty fierce despite his small frame, but the other was like nothing I had ever seen. His muscles were bulging on his arms, and his body was covered in scars from past fights.