Chapter 10- A Real Fallen Hero

I already had a bad feeling as we entered the camp. Every eastern teen that were at the fights were still awake, reeking havoc around the clearing as they tried to shake off some of that extra energy. I thought we were safe, since the Shamons cave seemed quiet, but that changed when I seen the familiar white fur sitting on some of the lower stones of the Highrock, and the fur on my neck instantly stood on edge.

I jumped when Mika let out a loud yelp of fright when she caught sight of him, but this was nothing new for me. The teens in this camp are not really the best at keeping secrets, hell word probably got to him the second I stepped paw inside that colloseum.

I took the lead as we approached his fiery gaze. This was going to be one hell of a scolding. "Shamon I-"

"You disobeyed my commands." He barks before I could get any more words out. "Not only did you go, but you choose to endanger the lives of the humans too!"

"Do not blame our friend." Star leaped in on my defence. "We were the ones that chose to go, even when she tried to talk us out of it."

His eyes flooded with disappointment. "I would expect this behavior from a Werewolf, but certainly not from a sophisticated team of heroes like you."

They seemed hurt from the comment. "We chose to go to the fights." Robin argued respectfully. "We wanted to see what this world was really about, not from an alien's perspective, but from a Werewolf's."

"You chose to risk your lives just to learn more about us?" Sham asked, looking a bit baffled at first, but his expression soon changed to a more strict appearance, like he was afraid to show something. "Like I said before, their not a competition of bravery, their a competition of stupidity, and that was a very stupid choice!"

Their eyes fell to the ground as they just fell into silence. They couldn't argue, and they knew that.

But there was nothing that said I couldn't. "Well I think it was a very bold choice, Shamon. They didn't want to be afraid of us anymore, so they decided that they would try to learn more about this kind. That's something no other human ever tried to do while I was on earth!" Everybody seemed shocked at my defensiveness against my own mentor, even me. "So I don't see it as stupid. I see it as brave."

My heart pounded inside my chest as I forced myself to meet his eyes, afraid of what I would see, but surprisingly, I was met with pride. "It seems as if tonight has done some good, my apprentice." He says after a few moments. "Never would I have expected you to stand up for something you've hated for so long."

"Well then I guess earth has had its effect on me." I admitted, even though it took every ounce of my strength to even say. "I know what's worth the risk and what isn't."

He didn't even seem mad anymore. "That is a very valuable lesson to learn."

Mika was just confused. "So you're not mad?" She asked. "About... sneaking out?"

"I should be." He replied, throwing a cold snarl my way. "But from what I heard, these were not some regular fights. Some are saying that Averi leaped into battle to save a teammate."

"She saved me and Jason both." Robin added. "We were close to being killed, but they tag teamed just in time for us to escape."

I cringed when they said that. I can't believe I actually saved the humans, when the whole reason I wanted them to come was for them to die. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.

Shamon just looks over to me again. "Your intentions were pure, which shows me that you are not the same wolf you were when you left this world before." He pauses. "Your changing."