FORTY-EIGHT

FORTY-EIGHT

Before Ashley could step out into the hallway to return downstairs, Damon was in the doorway. Arms crossed over his chest, silver-blue eyes staring intensely.

Ashley paused, not used to this intense version of him. They stood still for a moment longer until Damon's arms shot out, pulling her to him, into him. Ashley didn't stop the purr as his lips crashed onto hers, and if she'd been human, she would have said bruisingly hard, but she wasn't human, and her body hummed at the touch of her mate.

A flicker made Ashley pause. Damon tensed in reaction. Pulling away, Ashley looked to where the red room was situated in the hotel.

"They're waking," she said. And just like that, the moment between them was gone. But it had to be gone. Newly turned vampyre's needing feeding the moment they woke. Pushing past Damon, purposefully brushing his black and bloody red wing in the process, making his breath catch, she headed for the red room. Ravin appeared next to her the moment she reached the door.

Neither spoke as they entered the room to see the three surviving females sit. Matt had died just as Ravin had started the transition. They were looking around them in shock, jumping when Ashley and Ravin entered the room.

"Ashley!" Lizzie almost yelled, startled. "Where are we?"

"What is the last thing you remember?" Ashley asked them instead. "Bring some blood down to the Red Room, we have three newly transitioned vampyre's. But them in a non-see-through container." The last was added as an afterthought, because while there weren't any that knew of vampyre's before they were changed, most had known that something went bump in the night.

Moments later, Spirit, Sparrow, and then Damon entered the room.

"Damon! I thought you were dead!" Lizzie went to get up.

Something reared in Ashley as she let out a growl she knew was filled with possessiveness. All but Ravin froze at the sound. Lizzie stared at her with wide eyes of shock.

"Quiet Lizzie!" Ashley issued it as a command.

Immediately, Lizzie's mouth slammed shut.

Relaxing her posture, Ashley turned to Willow and the unknown female. "What is the last thing you remember?"

"I was driving home..." the unknown female, Sparrow's mate started. "Then my mind fuzzed... And what is that smell?"

Ashley raised a brow at the female who would have blushed as she looked down if she had any blood in her.

"You three, Matt, and Dane, were recruited by an angel. To save you, I changed you to being vampyre. Ravin, shift so that they can understand what only you and I can change into."

Ravin nodded in agreement before he shifted. Ashley stared at the newly transitioned and they crawled back in fear. Sparrow growled as the stench of his mate's fear hit him.

"Ravin and I were created by the angels, and in turn, we can create vampyre's. Your lives are now ours and you will all live for another thousand years."

Ravin chuckled from behind once he'd shifted back. "If we survive the war that is."

"War?" Willow's quiet voice turned Ashley back.

"I have a feeling that we will be fighting the Archangels in our next battle," Ashley replied. "You, as my vampyre's, will help me. You will either battle the Archangel's with me or you will fight whatever else they have brought with them."

Ashley's newly turned vampyre's stayed silent, Lizzie because Ashley had commanded her silence.

"Now, drink this," Ashley gestured the cups that Spirit and Sparrow held.

The new vampyre's stared at the cups, taking them reluctantly. Willow was the first, taking a sip, but then hunger came over her and she downed the cup. The other two seeing her, then drank the cups as well.

"You will need to feed on blood every so often. Especially as you have just been turned. As you get older, you'll be able to drink less."

Ashley paused as she watched Sparrow step forward, pausing in front of the newly turned unknown female vampyre. The female inhaled harshly, a look of surprise crossing her gentle features, her eyes widening.

"My name's Sparrow," Sparrow introduced.

"Like the bird?" she asked she asked after a quick pause.

Sparrow just grinned in response.

She grinned back at him. "I'm Suzan. Suzan Lock."

Turning away from the to-be-mated pair, I saw Lizzie staring eyes wide at Damon. Silently, Ashley reluctantly took the command to be silent off of her.

"You have wings?" was the first thing out of Lizzie's mouth.

Ashley had grit her teeth so not to squeeze Lizzie's heart and make blood pour out of her mouth and any other hole the human body had.

Damon, however, grinned at Lizzie, making Ashley growl towards Lizzie, which was when something shocking happened. Ravin growled. He growled at Ashley. Both the originals looked at each other in shock, and Ashley in horror as she realised that she couldn't kill Lizzie. The others were staring at their expressions in confusion.

"You said you didn't believe," Ashley said in a breath of shock. Breaking the silence in the room.

"I don't. Didn't. No," Ravin stood taller. "I don't believe."

Ashley switched to a language that only they knew. One that had died out thousands of years ago. "So if I snapped her neck..." Ashley didn't say any more as Ravin's growl vibrated around the room. "She's your mate."

Ravin shook his head in denial. "We don't have mates."

"Yet you are so close to killing me because I merely growled at the girl."

He opened his mouth, shut it, then spoke. "We don't have mates." Then he crossed his arms over his chest and pouted like a child.

Ashley growled in frustration. "And her scent isn't driving you insane? You aren't feeling the need to wrap her up and put her in a place where you know no one but you knows about? You don't want to taste the blood that is coursing through her veins?"

Ashley heard Lizzie whisper to Damon. "What are they saying?"

Damon shrugged, looking to Spirit who was staring at the arguing originals with a confused frown. "No idea, Lizzie. I don't think any of us do."

"No, I don't," Ravin said back in modern English.

"Yes, you do," Ashley replied, also changing back to modern English. "Remember Ravin, we are bound. I can hear, feel, see, smell, taste what you taste, hear what you think. You're just being stubborn."

Ravin grinned. "That coming from you, Kitty-Cat?"

Ashley didn't stop the grin in return. But then she returned to the conversation, saying the last in the dead language. "Admit it, Ravin. Lizzie Tyler is your mate."

Vote? Comment? Thanks!