TWO

TWO

Damon. Damon Counte. That was the name of the one with the white and gold hair. Swan white strands dipped in the purest golden gold. None of his hair seemed natural, yet, Ashley had the feeling that it was. He was broad, and tall - at least six-two, an entire foot taller than herself. His face was more oval, but it was happy without any stress lines. He was beautiful.

Currently he sat attentively, listening to the teacher, taking notes about the book they were studying. He was completely unaware how his scent - that intoxicating vanilla rain - was affecting Ashley. Had no idea how much control it took Ashley to hold herself back from moving across the classroom and drinking him dry. Proving to the world that vampyre's existed and lived among them. He had no idea.

As the bell suddenly rang, Ashley jumped. Actually jumped. For the first time since her creation, she, an original, jumped at the ring of a bell. Silently snarling, she quickly packed her bag, shoving in the books and papers she'd been given during the lesson and stalked out the room before any of the other in the room had even finished packing their bags. She'd made sure that she hadn't been too fast, but she'd wanted to get out, and get out then.

His scent. She was drowning in it. Drowning in the urge to turn back. Every step she took away from him was forced. If he smelled that good, how good his blood would be...

No! She couldn't afford to think like that.

Think about Jayden and Catherine. Catherine can't know about him.

No! Think about Nick. Nick sent me to this school and now-

No! Kayline...

Walking a very quick human pace, Ashley left the building and his intoxicating scent behind. The air was currently free of his scent. Currently.

Ashley inhaled the fresh air. She didn't need to breathe, but at that moment she felt as though she needed air more than blood when she was starving.

Vanilla rain.

A pang of hunger hit her.

She moved on towards the sixth-form centre.

His scent was a trap. Maybe Catherine had something to do with it. She'd managed to trap Jayden. But then, Catherine wasn't strong enough to pull in an original. Not even close. Sometimes Ashley was surprised that the female had managed to pull in Jayden.

Ashley snarled at a child that was stupid enough to get in her way. Clearly he'd lost the will to live. But the human quickly scampered out of the way stinking of fear. Fear. Pulling the scent in, Ashley used it to pull herself back together... Pull herself back together? What had he done to her? She'd never had to 'pull herself together', what the hell was going on?

First she questioned herself. And now she was having to 'pull herself together'!

Ashley growled as she thought of the stories her vampyre's had told her. "...Scent is so intoxicating..." "...it's like ambrosia..." "...so heavenly..." "...I would die happily."

More fear hit Ashley from the humans, enabling her to pull herself together again.

As she replayed the last, Ashley thought of Killian and Estiny. And Ashley knew that she wouldn't be one of the ones who would die happily. She wouldn't be so selfish. She wouldn't kill thousands to taste one man's blood. It wouldn't be fair. But, for the first time, Ashley heard something whine with want, with need, with possession.

Shaking her head with disgust at herself. Another first-

There was starting to be too many firsts for Ashley to feel comfortable.