NINE

NINE

It had only been thanks to Rose that Ashley hadn't drained the female's twin. Ashley hadn't realised just how hungry she'd been until she'd drank more than she should have from Ivey. She'd been worse than she had been when Willow had been sitting next to her and Catherine had turned into looking like a tasty snack. But with her mind completely distracted, she'd ignored the signs. And nearly ended up draining her vampyre because of it. As an apology to Ivey, Ashley gave the twin a taste of her blood.

When Monday came, Ashley went to school. One of her lessons was English. A lesson Ashley didn't want to be in for one reason. Damon. What did the human remember? Or did he think it was a dream?

Willow had entered the class room with Damon... and Damon had followed the green eyed girl up the aisle. The urge to leave was strong as her determination not to let the human win. She was an original, what did she have to fear from a human? With Damon, Ashley was honestly not sure any more.

Willow sat in her usual spot next to Ashley and Damon slid into the seat in front of them as the teacher entered the classroom. But all Ashley could think through the lesson was, he's teasing me purposefully. Damon's scent and smooth neck was within her reach, and yet, she could do nothing about it.

Vanilla rain was officially Ashley's favourite scent. Yet it was also the scent that she detested the most. How can anyone smell so good? Ashley had to consciously not watch Damon's pulse that beat gently, like a siren's call, in his neck. She could fully understand why sailors would happily drown in the arms of a siren.

As soon as the lesson ended, Ashley was out. But she paused for a second when she heard that beautiful voice call out her name. But she chose to ignore it, kept walking towards her destination. Several times throughout the day, his voice called for her to respond. Ashley ignored him. Hoping that the human would get the point and leave her alone. To stop trying to get answers for whatever he wanted. Although, Ashley did find out one thing, she felt better with him trying to talk to her again.

Although, at lunch, Damon nearly cornered her and from then on, Ashley avoided him. Went another way to the direction that Damon was walking if they had to cross paths.

By the end of the day, Ashley's mood had plummeted, she was avoiding a human! An original was avoiding a human! Ashley's driving on the way back to the hotel, showed her mood. She sped faster than normal, took sharper turns instead of her smooth, controlled driving. Jayden and his 'mate' had jumped out of the Hummer as soon as they could when Ashley had parked it in the underground garage at the hotel where they were staying.

Since she hadn't been back for a long time, Ashley went in search for Kayline and asked about the two vampyre's that she had sent away, and whether their had been any problems. Kayline said that the two were sulking, but fine and that their had been no problems since the last near incident.

"Do you want a helper, Kayline?" Ashley asked, looking at the full office. She would have to make it bigger, the files were starting to pile on the floor.

"No, thank you, but thank you anyway, Ashley," Kayline smiled her kind smile.

Giving a nod Ashley turned and went to her room. She'd showered this morning, but it had been the first time in a long time as she'd been non-stop searching for Anya. Ashley loved showering, the water running over her skin. But knowing that she had to get out to find Anya made her quick. Getting dressed in her usual, Ashley chose a shirt that said "KNOCK, KNOCK" in a rain cloud grey.

Running to the tree outside Damon's, Ashley watched over Damon's house after telling Ronnie and Micah to leave to do what ever they wanted, but to be back at midnight. As dusk started to make itself known, Ravin appeared besides her. None of his vampyre's had come with him. The two originals that were frozen at the age of a seventeen years old stood, watching the house that held a mate within it's walls. As the members of the household started to go to bed, Ravin spoke.