TWENTY-EIGHT

TWENTY-EIGHT

Vivian glared at the man who she really wouldn't want to meet in the back of an alley, and that was just because of the size of him. He was built like a tank. But then, she hadn't wanted to meet him in her bedroom either. Was nowhere safe?

The man put her on a black leather sofa. The house, or was it a mansion? It was three floors high and the interior was coloured in white, black, reds, purples and blues. It was clear that someone wealthy lived here, who else would own a place that held so many objects that looked to be from many, many years ago? Centuries ago?

As the man moved away, Vivian got her first good look at him. Long wavy blond hair fell freely down his back, and his eyes were the colour of the sky on a clear summers day. And not only was he over a foot and a half taller than Vivian, but he was at least double her width. Maybe more.

"Is your name Vivian?"

Vivian blinked at him. "How do you know my name?"

"It's her," said another masculine voice.

"DAMON!" came from a several voices down the hall.

Damon, however, grinned at the man in front of her because of the yell. But it wasn't Damon's grin that held her. Although, she was shocked that Dee's 'alive' meant that 'Damon's alive and has two massive wings on his back'. Damon looked just as he did in all the missing poster picture's around the village. But there was no gold in his pure white hair. His eyes were still blue with flecks of silver. They reminded Vivian of a cat. But it wasn't his handsome face that held her. His wings arched so that they rose above his head before they swooped back down so that the tips fell to his knee's. His chest was bare, showing that he slightly tanned, but he did have jeans on however. But his wings... the feathers were black like Kave's fur, and the tips had been dipped in a bloody red.

When he turned those blue flecked with silver eyes on her however, he lost he grin and shook his head as though in confusion.

A man that was the same size as the man who still stood near Vivian came up behind Damon. His hair however was like Damon's, pure white, and when he spoke, Vivian realised that it had been this man and this man only who had called Damon before. His voice held thousands yet none.

"What have I told you?"

Damon turned to frown at the man. "I told you, I'm stronger."

"Go back downstairs, Damon."

Damon glared at the man and air seemed to become heavier. "I wanted to see her."

The taller man turned his eyes to Vivian and Vivian gasped at what she saw. And she knew by looking at his eyes that he wasn't, couldn't be human. All his eye was black, pure black, and then his pupil was white. It would have looked fine if it had been the other way around. But it wasn't.

A bang on the front door made Vivian jump and swivel in it's direction.

Other's appeared in the room. Three were like mountains, all male, but then there were two more normal sized people, one was female, the other male.

"George," the one with many voices said.

Vivian knew which one was called George because he was the one to head for the door. George's hair was a short and neat earthy brown, his eyes were the colour of grass, and his build seemed more sturdy than the rest of the mountains in the room.

As soon as the door opened, Dee stormed in, his vibrant blue eyes had taken on a glow that reminded Vivian of Kave when they'd been at the Community Centre to watch the guys play rugby.