TWELVE

TWELVE

After returning to her own shirt, Ashley left to shower back at the hotel and to change into fresh clothing. It was Sunday evening. She'd been with Damon for an entire day, yet, it felt like so much longer.

Ashley grumbled in the shower. She didn't want to wash away her mate's scent. But the thought of knowing that she would see him tomorrow soothed her, and, by not having Damon's scent on her allowed Damon to be less likely connected to her through those who didn't know that he was her mate.

The black shirt she wore had words written in black, but had a glowing red around the letters, the glowing making the words visible. It said "BITE ME... IF YOU DARE...", it seemed to fit. Because biting Damon would dare her to end her life. That, and if other vampyre's, or even a human tried... The shirt was answer enough.

Ashley was aware when the original with albino red eyes entered her home. Descending the stairs, Ashley found K.D. in her lounge, sprawled over the sofa. As she entered, Ravin glared at her.

"Their are more important things than a mate, Kitty-Cat," Ravin's tone told Ashley how irritated he was. Pure thunder.

In response to his words, Ashley growled menacingly. But, a second later, she stopped. Ravin didn't understand. He had no one to call a mate. He didn't understand the feeling that emerged through finding a mate. He didn't understand the addiction that was already clawing Ashley to return to Damon already. Shaking her head sadly at Ravin, who had moved into a sitting position, Ashley leant against the doorway.

"How did you find this place?"

Ravin grinned, obviously pleased. "I had James and Philip follow you one night."

"Can James see us?"

Ravin knew exactly which "us" Ashley was on about. "No. He can see me, but not you. I think he was only able to see you before because you had given him permission to see you. I never knew you could do that."

Nor did Ashley. "I have many talents."

As though rehearsed, the two predator's left the hotel and moved to Blue Moon. On arrival, Ashley felt for any injuries on her – and Ravin's – vampyre's, healing those who were hurt.

Ravin went to sit at the table he and his vampyre's had claimed for their time in England. Ashley went to find Ivey in the kitchen where the male worked.

The male had his back to her, but turned on her entrance.

"Would you allow me to feed from you Ivey?"

Ivey smiled kindly and tilted his neck while bowing slightly. "Of course."

"Thank you, Ivey. Again."

Ashley went over to the male and easily sliced two twin pricks in Ivey's smooth flesh. Blood poured into her mouth, and almost immediately, the 'little machines' started eating and reviving Ashley. Her senses came to full force, not that she needed her senses at full force to hear everything a vampyre couldn't. Ashley gave most of Ivey's blood to restock her power so that she could continue keep the vampyre's, Ravin and herself free to adventure into the sun whenever they wished.

Extracting herself from Ivey. Ashley used her little of her ability to heal the twin pricks, then licked off the remaining blood.

"Thank you, Ivey."

"I'm honoured to feed you, Ashley." Their was a reverence in his voice that hadn't there before Ashley had given him some of her blood. And as usual, Ashley wasn't quiet sure what to do with it. But the reverence made her worry that Ivey had become addicted to her blood, would beg her for another taste.