SIX

SIX

Deciding to gift her vampyre's at Blue Moon, Ashley headed to the bar an hour before dusk was due to arrive, bringing the night. Bringing out the horrors that shouldn't exist. Bringing out the reason for her existence.

On arrival, Ashley entered the bar. The bar had been designed so that humans could enter the building without harming the vampyre's within with the sun, it had been very cleverly done. Seeing that the bar wasn't busy, Ashley told her vampyre's to follow her. Ashley received some confused glances and looks of horror when they realised that Ashley was asking them to go out into the daylight.

"Do you trust me?"

With looks of pain and hurt, clearly they thought she was sending them to their deaths, each vampyre headed outside into the light... Their faces turned to one of awe and joy.

"How?" Micah asked, shock sounded in every syllable. "Why are we not...?" Micah stopped as a pair of humans passed them to enter the bar.

"Close your bar tomorrow, Micah. Let yourself and your family enjoy the sun."

Micah nodded. But Ashley had a feeling that he had only just about heard her.

Ashley felt fifty feet tall with her vampyre's reactions to seeing the sun. Ashley could remember what it felt like to be bound by the sun. To never see the light of day. Never see the beautiful glowing fiery orb. But then, that was what made it more difficult for her vampyre's, because they had seen the sun. Every day until Ashley turned them into a vampyre.

Reminding them to give notice to the customers and that they had a business to run, the vampyre's reluctantly returned inside. Slouched shoulders as though forcing them back inside was a punishment. But then, it was, in it's own way. Ronnie and Nick were clearly effected, but not as much as the other four, they hadn't been changed a full century yet. But even then, it was a long time to go without the sun.

At nine, Ivey left his kitchen and came to sit next to Ashley at the bar. It wasn't long after that the customers gradually started to leave, and eventually, Rose and Maize joined Ashley and Ivey with Nick and Micah on the other side of the bar. At eleven, Ronnie arrived and the bar was closed for the night.

Ashley's vampyre's told her of the things they had seen and experienced since last seeing her in the late 1940s when she'd changed Nick for Micah and Ronnie. They'd met many of Micah's old friends from previous battles who had come to see how they were doing.

Some younger vampyre's had been stupid and run into debt and so Micah given the younger vampyre's a job to work off their debt, while Ronnie taught them how to keep good finances in this now expensive world.

Half an hour before dawn, Ashley left her vampyre's to prepare for a day in the sun while she travelled to her meeting location with Anya.

The location was on the opposite side of Bugbrooke to the bar. Near The Wharf was a train line and there were a couple of bridges with tunnels. Ashley turned up the country track from the road and headed for the tunnel. It was a good spot because it couldn't be seen from the road.

Ashley claimed a nearby tree to the clearing, melding into it's branches, making sure that the wind wouldn't blow her scent in the direction of the tunnel where Anya had probably been resting during the day and night. After only seconds of waiting, Anya appeared from the direction that Ashley had thought she would.

Anya hadn't changed. Rich, red, long auburn hair blew in the gentle wind that suddenly rose. Ashley knew from memory and sight that her eyes were the same colour as her hair. The girl in front of Ashley appeared sixteen, yet truly, she was around three-millennium-and-a-half years old. Her German genes were strong, and looking at Anya's graceful hands, Ashley spotted the ring that Anya had taken from her father's body.