Chapter 19

-THE ADOPTION-

It had been two days since Jimmie has spoken to me. Even after we had sex I thought this would bring us closer. But when he found out there was a possibility that I will be adopted , he started to express the way he really feels about me .

I decided I'll try and spark up a conversation with him anyway.
"Hey?!" I said, as I walked up to his bunk with my hands in my pockets.

"Oh you're speaking to me now?" He replied looking up at me .

"You're the one that's been in your feelings lately !! Not me!! " pointing at my chest.

He turned his head away from me, looking the opposite way .

Staring at the wall he says "so? Are you going to go with your new family !?"

"It hasn't been a week yet. But they told me they would be back in a couple of days to take me to check out their home."

"I don't CARE !! I don't wanna hear nothing else about the stupid people!! Because you're not goin ANYWHERE! !!!!!"

Suddenly he turned around and looked me directly in the eyes.

"You can't just have sex with me and think you're gonna leave me ! "

"But Jimmie I don't have anywhere else to go . "

"You could stay here until your mom gets out of jail ."

"But I have the opportunity to go and live with somebody . You could come visit me ."

"You don't even kno if these people are gonna like you Ashley! Your corrupt . They might try and hurt you ."

"There's something I have to tell you ."
He stared at me questionably .
"About why I'm in here . Well...I'm here because my mother killed my father when I was 7 years old because he was abusing her. I went to live with my aunt but her boyfriend raped me when I was 10 years old . She ended up going to jail because she knew about the rape."

He looked up at me in amazement .

"I'm so sorry Ashley! " he stood up to hug me .

We were interrupted by Miss Johnson's voice "Ashley ?? Mr. and Mrs. Willis are here!!"

I took a look at Jimmie and he immediately looked away.

"Give me a minute ! I'm comin . "

"Jimmie ill be....
"DONT TOUCH ME!! "
It's like the devil was inside him. I was so scared . I backed away frantically . "GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

"Ashley ?" Miss Johnson came back in the room. "Is everything ok?"
"Yea I'm fine." I walked towards the door , leaving Jimmie sitting in the edge of the bed. He had his fists balled up so tight.

As soon as Ashley left Jimmie walked into the bathroom . He looked in the mirror and the voices in his head started again.

"She doesn't love you. She's gonna leave you Jimmie .
"SHUT UP !! Shut up! " he screamed , beating on his head . 

"You're gonna have to do something about this. Don't let her leave ." 

"STOP IT!!! "
He punched the mirror and fell to the floor. He was hallucinating.

The whole time , Jimmie was lying to her about why he was in foster care.........

Jimmie killed his parents when he was 12 years old and Lied to the police like he woke up and found them dead . 

And Ashley knows nothing about this ......