Chapter 3

.....now , with me being only 7 years old , I had no idea what to do! I walked in the house trying to get away from dad because the look in his eyes scared me . I looked over at mom while she was getting dinner ready . I turned around and I could hear a beer bottle burst outside from him throwing it up against the shed. I sat down at the table and waited on mom to bring me my plate.
He walked in behind me smelling like trash and booze .
I could hear him walking over towards her but my back was turned . "U gone give me sum good loving tonight?" He said, rubbing on her butt cheeks ! (Sigh) "Brian go take a nap, you're drunk again!" Stumbling over towards the table, he says "I'm hungry, what u got to eat !?" He said, with a smirk on his face . She brings the food over to the table and sat it down in front of him . He takes a bite and makes this jammed face.

"Bitch you tryna poison me? " he slams his fists down to the table. I jump, scared out my mind. He throws the plate across the room . Mom jumps from the sound of glass breaking . She puts her hand on her chest and her head towards the ground. She walks over to the food and glass on the floor , splattered all over the wall. I could tell that she didn't feel like causing an altercation because she kept quiet . He walked over to her and she was down on her knees picking up the food off the floor!

"Jen,?" "You tryna poison me?"
She ignores him! Picking the glass up quietly . Suddenly dad snapped. He pulls her hair and drags her to the food on the stove. "Since u tryna poison me , both us gone die bitch"
She grabs a piece of glass off the floor and pushes it through his neck . He falls to the floor trying to stop the blood from pouring out of his neck ! She stood over his body and he looked her in the eye. "I told you don't put yo hands on me no more"!

I stood there in shock !! "Mommy what did u do!?" Dad laid there lifeless. I was scared so I ran out the front door screaming "HELP!!! Somebody HELP !!!" There was blood everywhere. Martha from next door came to see what was goin on. With her hands on her mouth she screamed . "Somebody call 911! "Ashley go to my house and wait on the police! "

I looked back at my mom one last time as she sat at the table and smoked a cigarette. I couldn't resist it. I ran over and told her "I love you mom" . She gave me the tightest hug I can remember. "Come on Ashley " says Martha .

All I could hear is police sirens as I walked outside. "Come outside with your hands behind your head " said the police officer .

I couldn't stop crying !

Suddenly, I hear a voice comin out of the house "I'm NOT armed!" It was my mom. Walking slowly towards the police, they grabbed her and threw her to the ground ! "You have the right to remain silent , anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law" .....I looked at her for the last time and she said "I love you Ash, I will be back for you." With tears falling down my face , "I love you too. The car pulled off .....

I was a lost 7 year old.........