Chapter 4

-A year and a half later -

Eventually I ended up moving in with my aunt and my cousins! She was a drug addict so I went into an even worse situation! I really missed my mom and dad! I kept a picture of us three under my pillow .

"Aunt Linda "? I said , as I walked in from school. The house was always quiet because there was nothing to do . My cousins were always gone with their friends and I ended up being stuck in the house with nothing to do but think . ""Aunt Linda?" "What?" She said, laying on the couch with a needle in her hand . "Is there something to eat!?" "I don't know , it should be some sandwiches in the fridge ." I walked over to the fridge , to only find a loaf of bread , some butter , and baking soda! (Sigh) I miss my moms home cooked meals.

I often went to bed hungry .

Linda always has a different guy over every week. She always tell me they're just her friends but she's not fooling anyone. Since I couldn't manage to fall asleep at night , I would always hear them and their weird noises . "Linda, your little nosy ass niece is up again" the guy said" "take yo little ass back to bed" she screamed .

Jeff (15)and Carrie(12) (my older cousins) would always pick on me and call my mom crazy for killing my dad. They knew nothing about my family ! They never visited or called when my mom needed to talk to someone.

My grandma died when I was 2 so I didn't get a chance to have that many memories with her. My mom says that's what made Linda start doing drugs .

-January 2010-
It had been 3 years since mom has been in jail. I wanted to visit as much as I could but Linda didn't have a car . When I could , she had to call one of her "friends " and I hated being around them. She had this one friend name "Mark" that would always wink his eye at me. I'm only 10 years old. What a pervert!!

"Hey mom" I said with tears falling down my face . "Hey baby, how's school?" "Its fine" I said dryly . "You're ok?" "Yes" I said, as I turned around and looked at Linda and Mark . Linda gave me this long stare and I turned back around. "Are they hurting you? Is she feeding you? You're losing weight Ashley. " I couldn't hold it in "Mom , I never eat , all Linda does is pop pills and use that needle in her arm and have different guys over every night!Jeff and Carrie pick on me all the time and they call you crazy and say you're gonna be in jail forever and I will never see u again! Lind......."She's just emotional right now, she's goin through a lot " says Linda, as she grabs my arm and the phone! " I will kill you if I find out you're mistreating my daughter! I won't be in here for long Linda , YOU WILL PAY"......the guards came and grabbed her and took her to the back!

It was years before I saw her again .............