Chapter 13

-GUILT-
........"hey baby, how are you today?"
"I'm good." I replied dryly .
"Wait a minute, I know that voice!"
"What voice?"
"That voice right there. There's something bothering you isn't it?"
......silence
"Ashley you know I don't have that long to talk to you so tell me what's bothering you."
"Remember when I told you I had something to tell you ?"
"Yea, I knew there was something I needed to ask you! I remember ...when you said it was about Linda. "

I looked behind me to see if there was someone listening in on my conversation.

"She didn't tell you why she was in jail did she?"

"Well she told me she got busted for some drugs !"
...........I got quiet .
"ASHLEY?? "

"She didn't !"
"Ok, I'm listening !"
(Sigh)
I held my head down and the tears started to flow.
"M...mommy....her friend Mark.."

"Come on Ashley baby talk to me!!!!"

"He......he raped me!!"
I could barely get my words out because I was crying uncontrollably .
"HE WHAT???"
"He raped me mama!!!!"
"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before mama I'm sorry please don't be mad at me!"

........... I could hear her on the other end crying "no, no , no, no noooooo!!! Not my baby Ashley please don't tell me this !"

"Mama I'm sorry , I was trying to tell you the other day but the phone hung up!"
Studdering, trying to get her words out " And.....and where was Linda when this happened ?"

I paused for a second debating on whether I should tell her Linda was standing right there. I didn't want her to retaliate on Linda and receive more jail time but she needed to know.

"She....well...when Mark was on top of me, she burst in the room and asked him what was he doing . He told her he would kill us both if we said anything. She walked out of the room and didn't say nothing else about it. "

"That tryflin ass BITCH !!!!!!!!!!"
"I'm so sorry mama!" I said , barely getting my words together . 

I knew she was mad . I could hear it in her voice . The last time I heard my mother this mad, was when she killed my father.

"Don't be sorry Ashley, it's not your fault! I'm so sorry this had to happen to you while I was in here! I wanted to protect you! But behind bars I can't . Where is that BITCH? Where is he!?"

"He's dead mama!! He killed himself!!"

"What a weak ass excuse of a man!! He gone take the easy way out ! But I'm glad that bitch is dead! How did the police find out?"

"I fainted at school the next day from the loss of so much blood!!"

"Ooohhhhhhhh, I swear to Jesus Christ! May God have mercy on her soul!"

"5 minutes Miss Jackson!" Yelled a guard .

I could hear her crying continuously.

"Mama stop crying!"

"I'm finna kill this bitch I swear to Jesus! "

"Mama please !!"

"I'm sorry Ashley!"

..........the phone hangs up.

"Alright, back to the cafeteria!" Said the guard , as he pointed down the hallway .

Talking to herself Jennifer says "this bitch don let this mutha fucka rape my baby? My baby? And you gone bring yo ass in here and lie to me about some got dam drugs!? "

She was so mad she felt like steam was comin from her body!

"Back to the table you were sitting !!"

Jennifer walked in the cafeteria right towards Linda! Linda looked up shocked and scared.

"YOU STUPID BITCHHH.....................