Chapter 12

Justin’s P.O.V

My eyes opened to pitch black darkness with a cool temperature in the room; for a moment I didn’t know where I was but when I started to move my hands around I felt my hands come in contact with skin. Then I remember where I was and turned my body to face Skyar, her body seemed to fit perfectly in my arms as I looked down at her clam face.

As I was staring at her, like-the-stalker-I-am my phone started to skid around the night stand due to it being on vibrate. I grabbed it swiftly before it could hit the ground and cause noise to wake up people, when I looked at the screen I saw Scooter’s name across it.

“Hey Scooter, Whatcha doing calling me at 4 in the morning?” I said in a fake groggy voice.

“Well hello to you too! I know you didn’t just wake up so you can ditch the fake voice. Listen you know how you’re only supposed to do a concert in Saskatoon and then you’re free?” He asked.

“Yea?..................” I think I could sense what was coming next.

“Well it seems like Niagara Falls wants one REALLY badly so I kinda booked a concert for you there too.” I could tell he was probably scratching the back of his neck right now, he always do that when he tells me things like this.

“Oh really now?” I wasn’t really upset or anything; I really do love my Purple Ninja’s to death!

“Yep, you don’t mind do you? I could call them and cancel if-“

“It’s ok Scooter, I honestly don’t mind performing; as long as it isn’t too soon after the one in Saskatoon.” I cut him off mid-sentence.

“Good. I’ll tell you about the details when the date is nearing, just don’t stay up all morning stating at Skyar while she sleeps.” I could hear the smirk in his voice but he hung up before I could even reply.

Despite what Scooter told me I continued to stare at her until he started to move around muttering something in her sleep; I was curious as to what she was saying and leaned closer only to catch my name.

‘Justin, Justin’ she was repeating over and over; her eyes flickered behind her eyelids and I couldn’t tell if she was having a good dream or a nightmare.

I watched her for a little longer to see if anything bad would happen, but then she started to sweat and it kept increasing to the point that she was drenched in her own sweat. This was kind of alarming so I shook her shoulders gently to wake her up.

‘Skyarlette, wake up.’ I whispered while rocking her shoulders back and forth trying to get her to wake.

Her eyes opened and I could see fear in her eyes but it was soon replaced with an emotion I couldn’t read.

She was shaking slightly and her breathing was coming out ragged so I pulled her close to my chest. We were so close that I could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest from her supposed nightmare; her guard was down and underneath that strong girl I flirted with all day was a vulnerable, fragile girl.

“Are you ok?” I asked her softly, still holding onto her tightly.

She nodded her head mutely in my chest and snuggled closer to me, we laid there for a while; me focusing on trying to get her to calm down as well as embrace the feeling of having her in my arms.

After a while her breathing and heart beat slowed into its normal speed so I took that she had fallen back asleep; we were tangled in the thick blankets so I pulled them off I pulled the light sheet over us. Her shallow breathing calmed me down as I started to wonder what her dream could possibly be about that it made her act in that state.