Chapter 13

Skyarlette’s P.O.V.

Once those words left my mouth I instantly regretted them, everyone was stock frozen in their place including HIM. My breathing was coming out uneven because of this sudden outburst and I had to try and get it under control or I’d only have more problems.

I honestly have no clue what lead me to say that kind of conclusion to such a simple question, now not only have I rejected him, but I’ve given HIM the satisfaction of where HIS pressure has gotten to me and let me make a poor decision.

With what happened in the past, including that HE was just standing a few feet away from me that I let fear overcome my brain which lead me into this big mess. I can already imagine HIM reporting to HIS friend all about my little display, not only would HIS friend be overjoyed that the affect upon me was due to HIS appearance; but if HE really tried, HE could track me down and only God knows what would happen to me or my family.

“You see Justin I-“Just as I was about to clarify myself he cut in.

“Oh my gosh you are? I am so sorry for acting like a jerk, if I’d have now I wouldn’t have pressured you into anything. Now it all makes sense, why you always had a problem with getting too clo-“ It was my time to cut him off with a sharp intake of breath.

“Look Justi-“

“You must really hate me now! Oh God, I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have taken you on this date; it must be totally uncomfortable for you right now. I think we should leave.” He agreed with himself about leaving.

“Yes, we should. I’ll go pay for our dinner, take my keys and let yourself into the car. I’ll be there in a moment.” He rambled on, but just as he was about to walk away, if I wasn’t mistaken, his eyes were red and he looked as if he was about to cry.

Why would he cry?

The question ran though my head as he walked away leaving me with HIM.

He smirked as I cringed, moving away from HIM. But doing that was no use because he grabbed onto my arm and yanked me closer.

“Tell him anything and say good bye to living.” He said in a low, threatening tone. As if he hadn’t frightened me enough by his appearance tonight.

When he saw Justin coming back he quickly let go of me and made his way to Justin as I ran out the door not caring that I could trip and fall in my dress and heels.

Justin’s P.O.V. [This is gonna be really short, just a heads up.]

As I was walking away from the cashier with my head down I couldn’t help but feel majorly rejected. I had finally worked up the balls to ask her out and it turns out she’s a lesbian? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!

Sighing, I shoved my hands into my pocket and continued to walk with my head down but it snapped up when I felt a finger tap my shoulder. Looking up I came face-to-face with the guy that was making Skyar uncomfortable.

“I feel your pain man, when my friend dated her she was always distant now I know why.” The random dude said, sympathizing to me.

“But it just doesn’t make sense! Did your friend do anything then she started to be distant?” I asked out of curiosity. Once those words left my mouth HIS expression darkened and his voice lost all of its sympathy.

“Look here boy, you don’t need to go around accusing people, nor should you pry into their business. If you don’t wanna get hurt I’d advise you leave Skyarlette alone without the curiosity. Didn’t you hear curiosity killed the cat? You don’t want that to be you, now do you?” HE said in a menacing tone. Before walking away he patted my cheek roughly with a sickly sweet smile then departed.