Adoption

A D O P T I O N

Chapter 1

I have never thought of myself as "the problem child" so I often wondered why my mom and dad would always fight. I never had "Mommy and daughter" time with my mom because she's too busy arguing with my dad! He drinks a lot but he has always told me it makes the pain go away .

My pops is a retired veteran and he broke his ankle on the field .He was on prescription drugs but those never seemed to work. Mom didn't really have a job but she made sure I was up and ready for school and breakfast was always ready at 7 .

Birthdays and holidays were always the same for me , being that I always received the same gifts and presents ! I guess my mom thought doll houses and dolls are what I've always wanted but what I really wanted was for her and dad to stop fighting .
Today
(Slams door) Jenniferrrrr, screamed dad . "Yes hunny?" She replied

" what the hell u doin in nea? He said, as he walks in the kitchen stumbling . "

Are u drunk? "

"Na!" He said, Knowing he was lying
I stood around the corner listening to them argue . I tried to cover my ears but that never works !

"yes you are Brian look at your eyes , you're a mess. "

Why are you so uptight? " he replies, with slurred words.

"what do you mean? "

"we haven't had sex in months Jennifer ."

"well maybe if you stop comin in here drunk and wasted every single night, maybe we would !!

" is it someone else?? Huh? Is it? "

"Get out of my face Brian "

I could see dad getting angry and mom getting frustrated . Unfortunately, this is how all of their fights began . I always go in my room and hide in my closet until I fall asleep but I could still hear them in the kitchen arguing and throwing things .

"If you want your space, I'll give it to you!!" Screamed dad throwing his hands in the air .

Mom screams, "don't start this shit, I don't have time for this bullshi... (slap) holding her face mom screams "

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM ? "
"
you're the WHORE I've always remembered and you don't mean shit to me. "

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE !!"

He pulls her hair and throws her across the room , yelling "I know you're cheating on me " he screamed, as he beat he

She lies there crying .

I walked over to check on her in fear. Mom!? I say , with tears falling down my face .
"MOM are you ok ? "

She continues to cry . I hated to see her like this . But sad to say, I was used to it !

(Thump, thump, thump) I could hear dads footsteps as he walked up behind me . "Ashley "? I stood there shaking . "Come here pumpkin " I wanted to but I couldn't move . I turned around to find mom gone !
I walked into the kitchen as dad sat at the table with a beer in his hands ! I could see mom out the corner of my eye comin down the hallway with a gun ............