Chapter 9

Here's the next one! I'm on a roll tonight! Hope like it! Please comment, vote maybe fan?

Jades P.O.V

Waking up the next morning in sky's arms only made my smile grow larger, I was on a high after our date last night, it was incredible and made me realise sky was my mate, I know it sounds crazy and it's probably never going to happen I mean why would a guy like him want someone like me? I realised it when we were on the ferris wheel, being with him was like a never ending feeling of ecstasy and every time we touched I could feel tingles, just like he had explained and when we kissed, my whole world was turned upside down. Being with him made me feel something I'd never felt before and I loved it. Slipping quietly out of his arms I jumped into the shower singing to myself, feeling on top of the world. Before I had realised I was hungry my stomach grumbled to tell me breakfast was calling. Bouncing down the stairs I decided on waffles, knowing their sky's favourite. When I had everything prepared I brought the tray if food up to my room, pushing in the door I was greeted by the smile of a god. "morning sleepy head" I sang cheerily. He smiled back at me then yawned looking hungrily at the tray I was holding. I laid it down on his lap and we both tucked in, devouring everything in minutes. "don't forget we have training this morning" I mumbled with a mouth full of waffle. Sky groaned and shrugged his shoulders. "I had best get ready so" he added still smiling at me. Nothing could kill my mood today.

My superior skills were really starting to show in training, I could outrun just about everybody when we ran the perimeter of our lands, I could hold my own against all the female wolves during fighting practise and even some of the males, my senses were more acute than anybody else's, I was loving being a wolf. Halfway through our perimeter run I caught the scent of a wolf I didn't recognise. Stopping and barking at sky to come back I began sniffing around, following the trail it became stronger and stronger until it just stopped, confused I turned to find sky but he wasn't there. I followed his smell till I heard a huge deep growl, turning I saw sky bearing his teeth with his hackles raised. There was a huge red wolf in front of him snarling and snapping at him. "sky!" I shouted worriedly at him through our link. "get out of there, you could get hurt" "I'm fine" he snarled back. "this guy needs to be shown he's not welcome here" the red wolf dived for him, but sky saw it coming and quickly dropped to the floor turning over and biting into the red wolfs shoulder. The red wolf howled out in pain and dropped to the ground with a thud. Sky snapped his teeth in his face one last time before the red wolf got up and limped quickly off out of our land. Running to him I buried my nose into his neck whimpering. "god sky!" I whined. "I was so scared, can we just go home?" "yeah baby we can" he whispered calmly "please don't be scared I'm fine" we walked home slowly with me buried to his shoulder, I just needed to be near him.