PART SIXTEEN

Damn it. Why did my dad's new girl friend just HAVE TO BE Lukes mom? And WHY did he have to come tonight? and WHY did i just have to invite Michael. My dad and Liz did most of the talking. They talked about how great it is that Luke and I are already friends and how they are just soooo glad we are close. Why did it matter to them. It's not like they were gonna get married. Right...? We had cheesburgers for dinner. Luke, Michael, and I all staid silent. We all exchanged a few awkward glances occasionally. It was all fine and dandy until my dad brought up my mom... He talked about how hard it had been for us. Hard? for US? It is sure as hell hard for me. But for US? No way for us. I hadnt seen him cry or be sad over it once! Not once. I began to feel it. The lightheadedness and stomach ach. I started to feel replaced. Oh no. I started to feel worthless again. No one noticed. Finally Luke and Liz left. My dad went up to bed after saying how nice it was to meet Michael. I wasnt in the mood to be with anyone anymore. I told Michael he should go that i wasnt feeling myself. He tried to protest and say that he should be with me. That he was worried. I didnt care. 

     "No Mike. I need to be alone now." 

    "But All-"

     "Good night." I shut the door and ran up the stairs. I went into my room and shut myself in the bathroom. I collapsed on the floor. And i did it again. I cut. It was deep. My tears mixed with the blood on my wrist. I sat there on the bathroom floor weeping. I heard a noise from my room. 

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

     "Good night." She shut me out. I heard her run up the stairs. I heard her run into her room and slam the door.

     "Shit." I muttered. I knew what she was going to do. I knew what she was feeling. She had gotten that worthless feeling again. I ran around to the huge tree by her window. I started to climb. I got to her window and climbed through. No. Her bathroom door was shut. I could hear her crying. I turned to handel of the bathroom door. My heart broke into a million peices at what i saw. She was sitting on the floor still in her clothes and shoes. She had a razer in her hand and a long cut on her arm. She was crying. She looked up at me with such fear and pain in her eyes. They glistened with tears.

     "Michael I... I don't want you here please just go." She looked down at her cut and the razer. "Get out." She muttered.

     "No. I am not leaving you right now. Not now. Not ever Ally." I started to kneel by her. She took the razer to her arm again but i snatched it out of her hand. It was covered in blood. She backed away from me. She would not look up at me. I searched through the bathroom drawers and found some gauze. I took her arm in my hand and wrapped it slowly. Her tears dripped slowly down her cheeks. When i finnished, she pulled her arm close to herself. She struggled to stand up. I offered my hand but she ignored it and used the counter to help her. She stumbled past me and sat on the couch. She was staring straight ahead of her. She wouldnt look at me. I knelt in front of her. 

     "Ally, please tell me why you did this again?" I pleaded with her. She finally looked at me. Her face was blotchy from her tears. 

     "Because... I knew this would happen. I am being replaced again. Why did he have to bring my mom up. He doesnt care about her anymore. He is so full of shit! I knew this would happen. I am always replaced. Always left behind. Always. Always..." She looked down at her wrist i had cleaned up for her. She looked back up at me.

     "Thanks." She looked away again.

     "Ally... I am never going to repleace you or leave you behind. I promise Ally." I turned her cheek to face me again,

     "Why? Why Michael?" She looked at me. Her heart was full of disbelief and pain. I took a deep breath.

     "Because. I love you Ally Brighten." I smiled at her. 

     "I... I love you too Michael." She threw her arms around me. We just sat there on the floor hugging. I kissed her firmly. She was so pale though.

    "Ally you should go to bed." I was disapointed and i could see she was too.

     "I will. Just dont leave me." 

     " I won't" 

     She was still in her jeans and teeshirt. She climbed into her bed and i snuggled in next to her. I pulled her close to me and kissed her neck. Soon she was asleep.

ALLY'S P.O.V.

    He must have thought i was asleep. I am pretty sure i heard what he said... It was so soft and sweet.

     "Ally Brighten, i'll love you forever."