18. Hidden Cameras and Remorseful Denial

UNEDITED. I haven't even reread this so sorry if it sucks. Tell me if there are problems with it in a PM or a comment.

Please VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!

A big thank you to @Numinosity for the new cover and to @CauseWereRoyal for helping me decide which of the moments to have the hidden cam catch.

I'll reread this tonight and fix whatever mistakes I made.

Freddie's POV

Carly takes the camera from me and lightly pushes my back so that I'm now standing over by Sam. We exchange confused looks.
"What's going on?" Sam whispers.
"I don't know," I whisper back.
"This better not be an infomercial on how amazing Carly Krandall sounds."
I snort at that and Sam smirks.
"Well, I can't say I'd be sur-"

Carly's voice suddenly rings out out of the blue, cutting off my reply, and an image appears on the screen. We freeze, our conversation lost to us.

"Hi guys, this is going to be the extra part 2 to the iMakeover segment called the hidden cam."

Carly stands outside my door in the hallway. After she finishes speaking,it looks like we are tucked into some kind of bag, the lens still facing out, able to see clearly.

Sam shoots a look at me and I shrug. I don't know what's going on anymore. I thought we were just doing the regular behind the scenes stuff, the ship poll, and that's it.

The words, iMakeover: Hidden Camera appear on the monitor with pictures of Sam and I behind them. I look at the photos closer and realize they're all from this past week and all of them are things I would not want our viewers knowing about. We don't need anymore fans losing their minds over some stupid shipping thing that's not even true. I also don't need Sam turning me into a pretzel for unintentionally embarrassing her in front of the whole world. She would find some way to make this all my fault. I just know it.
"Carly, what the hell-" Sam starts to say but the girly brunette shushes her and grins, evil and proud. I begin to feel nervous.

"Aiiiii!!!!!!!!"

I was right to feel that way.
Sam and I cringe when the image of us in bed together pops up on the monitor.

"What-how-why- What is going ON HERE?!!"
"It isn't what it looks like!"
I hear myself say defensively. I can't imagine what the viewers are going to think. The screen cuts off and then I'm standing next to my bed in only my boxers. I feel my face become engulfed in flames, I'm blushing so bad. This is not something that I want displayed to the world!

"What? I'm covered."

Now seeing myself, I realize that's not as true as I'd thought.

"When did you get abs?!" Carly's saying now. We can't see her face because of how the camera is looking out from her bag but her tone is all that is needed to understand her disbelief and appreciation.
"I know, right?" Sam's voice floats out from the bathroom and I grin a little just like the first time she said those words.

The camera then focuses on my chest for another second before cutting to another scene.

"This is what happens when a nerd said no to Sam Puckett." Carly says.
A video of Gibby getting mauled by Sam plays. I remember that day. Gibby had refused to give her money for lunch and it was Meatball Monday. 'Nuff said. I smile a little. Gibby should've known that was coming. I remember feeling oddly angry at that moment. I didn't understand it then. Now I know I was jealous that she was focused on him and not me. I'm such a masochist. So the next day I had switched out her barbeque sauce for hot sauce and then turned off the water lines. God, she almost killed me. And I loved every second of it.