12. My Meat Loving Princess

This chapter is dedicated to @AliceHarvey9 for writing the sweet comment on the chapter, Wedding Onion Rings. Thank you for your support!

"No."

"Sam, come on. It-" she cuts me off.

"No."

"Saaa-" I try to whine but I don't even get her name out.

"Nooo!"

"Okay, okay! Shut your little girl mouths and stop the racket!" Spencer yells, playing peacemaker. He had met back up with us, saying he was done sock shopping and felt like hitting on some "sexy ladies" at Serendipity 101. Freddie asked about that blond actress and all he did was say defensively, "We're not exclusive."

He'd been flirting with the salesgirl for the last ten minutes. I hadn't realized he had walked back over here though.

"Well if Sam would stop being such a baby and tried the dress on-" I begin.

"Well if Carly would just accept the fact that that is never gonna happen," Sam countered. "And I'm not a baby."

"Everything would be fine!" We yell at each other.

"Okay. I can fix this no problem," Freddie cuts in. "Sam, what bet did you lose yesterday?" He smirks.

"Freddieee," Sam whines helplessly, understanding where he's heading apparently.

"Saaamm," he whines right back, grinning boyishly.

She glares.

"But-"

"Nope, sorry, rules are rules. I won fair and square."

"No," she tries. "Carly won that bet."

"She won the bet against both of us. I won the bet we made just with the two of us. And Carly's bet had both of us having to do whatever she wants, so you'd be screwed with that as well." His grin widens.

"Uhhh," she moans and rips the pale pink baby doll dress out of my hands.

"Yay!" I squeal. She's going to try it on! Yes!

While I'm internally celebrating in a victory dance, Sam is sending a particularly vicious glare Freddie's way.

"I hate you." She growls an for a second I almost believe it.

Then Freddie smiles sweetly at her.

"Hate you too." He doesn't say it like he means it though. He says in a sweet voice, almost like he's on the verge of laughing, to which Sam's cheeks turn the lightest shade of pink.

"Shut up."

"What?" Freddie asks innocently.

"Yeah, what?" I repeat excitedly, wanting to be included. I'm starting to feel like a third wheel with them.

It's weird. I would never have expected Sam Puckett and Fredward Benson to be third-wheeling me a few years ago. They've just seem to have gotten unexpectedly close in the past two or three years. But I'm still the glue that holds us all together. They wouldn't have even become friends without me. Go me! Like, uh,...yeah!

"You know what." Sam says, glaring while rubbing her cheeks in a wasted attempt to rid them of the light pink color. Sorry sweetie, it's in your cheeks, not on them, I think smugly. She so likes him.

"Sam, rubbing your cheeks is only going to make them even redder. Just go try on the dress." I say excitedly. I have to see what she looks like in this gorgeous piece of art.

"Ugh! I hate you both so much!! You know I hate dresses yet you force me to shop and do this stupid freaking segment anyway! Why? Do you like making me miserable?" Sam shouts at us, more exasperated than angry.