17. And Now the Real Fun Begins

UNEDITED. Ask me to edit it if you feel it needs to be or else I'm probably going to just embrace my lazy side and never do it.

Dedicated to the first reader to comment, CauseWereRoyal.

Listen to 'Sweet As Whole' by Sara Bareilles. It tells the story of my life. Kind of. okay maybe not. But listen to it anyway(:

Sam's POV

45 minutes before the show

"Sam!" Carly calls from upstairs. She lightly bounces down the steps in a bright red dress with black lace and black stitching with a wide skirt ending mid thigh that's perfect for twirling in. A black and red striped headband sits in her hair and her makeup's been done full glamour movie star, with red lips, blush, and black eyeliner and mascara. Black Mary Jane high heels adorn her size 8 feet. My insides turn a little green with envy. I know I'll never be able to look that beautiful. Her hair's curled perfectly and laying on her shoulders, the warm chocolate color shining in the light. My blond mop is untamed and wild, haphazardly laying all around me. I have on my customized black tee that Freddie gave me on my birthday last year, that reads PRINCESS PUCKETT in big white letters, a crown hanging off the P in princess, and cute little details like the last two Ts wearing socks and devil horns on the P in Puckett. I didn't want to admit it, but I love that shirt. It's quirky and was an oddly thoughtful, sweet gift that made me like him even more than before. So I have that on and a pair of white cotton shorts that belong to Carly. As I said, I love the shirt but I look like a hobo other hobos laugh at compared to the brunette princess. Sometimes I wish I let Carly change my style when she tried to a few years ago. Maybe then guys would like me and not just use me to get to her.

I furrow my brow a little. The dress looks familiar for some reason. I wonder if she's worn it before. I don't remember her having a dress like this, but I don't really pay attention to her clothes, so I can't really say.

"You like?" She asks me happily twirling in a circle.

"It's gorgeous, but kind of familiar," I reply, ignoring the green monster swirling around inside me.

"It should be. It's the red version of this" Freddie says, from behind me. I'm lounging on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table, my head craned around to see Carls, but when I hear his voice, I snap my head back around to face him.

In his arms is the beautiful dress from the mall, the one that crazy lady made me try on and the one I specifically told Carly not to buy.

"Didn't I tell you guys not to buy that?" I complain, directing the question at Carly.

"Okay, for one, you said you would never buy it, not that we couldn't, and for two, Freddie bought it, not me. He told me later and I thought that a perfect time to wear it would be on the show for the big reveal of our new segment," she tells me. I can't hear her anymore though. I stopped listening after the 'Freddie bought it' part.

I slowly turn around while Carly stills goes on speaking.

"You bought me a dress?" I ask slowly, confused and unsure.

"Yup," Freddie says cheerfully. He hands it over to me and I take it, feeling the smooth fabric between my fingers.

"You shouldn't have," I say softly, and wrinkle my nose at the cliche phrase.

"I wanted to," he grins at me, saying the cliche response.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure. What guy doesn't just adore buying the girl, who enjoys tormenting him, expensive dresses," I say sarcastically.

"The same kind that buys his "tormentor," he makes the little quotations with his fingers around the word. "A necklace to go with it?"

I stare at him, uncomprehending.