11. Dressing for the Title

Sam's POV

"Sam! Put that away! We're in a store!" Cary hisses at me.

I shake my head and she glares weakly. It's a good glare for her but not anything close to the ones I can do.

"Nah, I don't think I will," I say, taking another bite in exaggerated slowness.

"Sam! don't you dare make me come over there," Carly whisper-screams at me.

I give her an uncharacteristically innocent, "what did I do?" look before letting it melt into my usual fiendish grin.

I unwrap the sandwich totally and wave it around in the air, teasing Carly.

"See? Everything is fine-" Suddenly, a glop of meat flies out of the sandwich and land on the hem of an expensive looking gown. Well, crap. Carly gasps and we all watch the chunk of processed cow hang off the edge of the dress, before dripping onto the floor, on the shoes of a pretty middle aged blonde woman.

"You!" She yells. "How dare you throw food in the middle of a store-" she stops and gasps suddenly before letting out a high pitched squeal. Carly,Freddie, and I all look at each other weirdly. The woman seemed quite bipolar.

"Ohmigod! You two!" she shrieks pointing at Freddie and I. "You're the boy who proposed in the mall cafeteria today! Oh my goodness, that was the sweetest thing I have ever seen! It was so romantic and so, so sweet and absolutely the most adorable proposal I've ever heard of!" she gushes. "Congratulations, you young lovebirds!"

We smile awkwardly as she rushes forward and envelops us both in a hug, still blubbering.

"Listen lady," I start, ready to explain the fact that we aren't actually engaged. "We actually were-"

"-Just about to leave but it was nice meeting you. Thank you." Freddie cuts me off, his gaze lingering on me, telling me not to say anything. My cheeks get a little warmer. What is he doing? And does he really have to stare at me like that? It's unnerving.

We move to leave the store but-

"Wait! You have to try one of these dresses on! Right after I laid eyes in you dear, I knew this dress would be perfect for you." The woman runs into the back and comes out holding a short blue taffeta dress that's skirt fluffs out. "You can maybe use it at your engagement party! Go on, go try it on!"

The woman pushes the dress into my arms and locks me in a dressing room before I can say a word.

I stand there surrounded by mirrors, dumbfounded, a million questions swirling around in my brain.

I guess this is what I get for waving around a meatball sub like a moron.

"Um, Carly?" I ask through the door.

"Just try it on Sam, it's beautiful. Maybe you'll like it." Carly calls back.

"Freddie?" I yell, running out of options. I do not want to try on this dress.

"Just try it on so we can leave, Sam! The sooner it's on you, the sooner it comes off!" He calls to me, attempting to persuade me.

It kind of works.

"Fine!" I yell. "But I am not buying it no matter what!"

"That's fine." Carly says in a sneaky tone. I ignore it. I'm probably just paranoid.

I slip on the dress and, sighing, turn to face the mirror.

Oh my god.

I stand there just staring at myself. The dress is very sexy and flirty. It's knee length and a pale baby blue, the skirt covered in dark blue lace and the top strapless and lined with silver stitching. It is absolutely beautiful. And totally not me. I could never go out in public like this.

"Sam! It's been ten minutes! What's taking you so long! Just come out so we can see it!"

"I am not coming out like this!"

"Sam! Stop being stubborn!" She yells at me.

"I'm not stubborn!"

I hear someone laugh.

"Freddie, shut up!" I yell at him.

"Sam, we still need to go back to Serendipity 101! We barely got to shop before you decided you needed to fill your bottomless pit." Carly says. I can almost see her disgusted face. Ha.

"Then I'll just take this off and we can go," I say, hoping she'll just drop it.

"No, no, no! Come out here now, or I swear Sam," Carly puffs angrily.

"Not gonna happen cupcake." I sing.

Sam! Just come out here before-!" Freddie begins.

"Fine." Carly says in a clipped voice, cutting him off.

"Fine? Oh, cool. I thought you were going to-Ahhh!!" Carly dived under the door and is now standing in front of me, her back facing me. She throws open the door and drags me out.

"See? Was that so b-" she starts, turning around to look at me. She cuts herself off, her jaw dropping as she stares. A huge grin finds its way across her face.

"Omigod! You're gorgeous!" She squeals. "Freddie! What do you think?"

I look over to him and he's just standing there, staring at the dress.

I walk over to him and wave a hand in front of his face.

"Freddifer? Fredditchini?" Nothing.

"Freddo??" Not a word.

"Benson!!" I yell.

"What? What?" He comes out of it, shaking his head.

"You've been standing there checking her out really obviously for the past two minutes." Carly says, with a laugh.

A blush creeps its way up his neck and I giggle.

He grins at that and I stick my tongue out at him childishly.

"Aw, shaddup."

His eyes drift down to the dress again.

"Hey, eyes up here buddy. Didn't I just yell at you for checkin out my hot bod?" I say in a joking tone. I know I'm no where near as perfectly gorgeous as Carly or Wendy or the other girls at school. Even the dress itself outshines me by far.

"Sorry, can't help it babe. It's not everyday I see Princess Puckett dressing for her title." He teases back.

"Haha. And don't call me babe," I say, glaring playfully.

"My bad." He rolls his eyes.

"So anyway, there is no way I'm buying this. It's way too much for me."

"Okay." Freddie says quickly, before Carly can protest. "I just want to know, do you like it?"

I pause. Do I like it? It's beautiful sure and it's not that it looks bad on me. I just don't wear things like this. It's too fancy.

"I think it's beautiful, I just don't-"

"Okay. That's all I wanted to know. At least now we know you are capable of liking a dress," he says smirking.

"Whatever." I say.

I take it off in the dressing room and we leave the store.

A/n: NOT EDITED. Sorry its short and there aren't really any cute Seddie moments. I'll be writing more soon! I need at least TWO MORE VOTES though before I update again. It shouldn't be too much to ask. SO VOTE.

I promise there will be more seddie goodness in the coming chapters!

Ps. You guys know you can vote for each chapter in a story, right? Just saying. I was talking to a friend who hadn't been on here long and she didn't know that. I'm not trying to be greedy(;

VOTE! COMMENT! ADD TO READING LISTS! ENJOY!!!(: (: (:

~dustin the great~