5. Like a Big Teddy Bear

Sam's POV

Freddie stands in the doorway to the bathroom, not only shirtless now, but clad in only a pair of black boxers. His abs!!! Ughhhh, my ovaries!(a/n: my friend says this whenever she sees a hot guy. I think it's hilarious so I started saying it too and I use it whenever I can.)

"Hey Sam." He smirks.

"Uh, uh, hey." I manage to choke out out. Smooth.

"Tired yet?" He asks me.

"Not really." I was before but now I seem to be wide awake. Gee, wonder why. It couldn't be because I just found out my nerdy punching bag is totally ripped! I shake my head with a sigh. Stretching out on the bed, I wonder how I'm going to survive tonight without totally embarrassing the royal hell out of myself.

Freddie's POV

I feel my eyes widen as Sam stretches out on my bed. Oh, god. How can such a devilish little hell spawn look like such an angel. I just can't win. I tried to get back at her for teasing me and calling my bluff from before by purposefully not wearing any more than what I normally wear to bed. I had been planning to dress a little more modestly in front of Sam but that thought went out the window after that little stripping episode. I can't help but wonder if she would've really stripped down completely in front of me. Ugh, bad thoughts Freddie, bad thoughts. I should've known better though. She's bold and fearless and now she probably thinks I'm a total loser for not being able to sit through watching her strip down. I was having a little problem controlling certain parts of me though, ehem, and I really didn't want to have to explain that to Sam. She'd never speak to me again.

Suddenly she stands up and my eyes immediately focus on just how little my shirt on her leaves to the imagination. It falls a few inches down past her hips, just covering her ass. I'm mesmerized, unable to look away.

"Freddie? Fredddiiee? Freddo! Snap out of it!"

I lift my gaze to Sam's eyes which are now just a few inches from mine.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I asked you if you wanted to watch the rest of the movie in here since neither of us are tired yet." She talks slowly, like I'm mentally retarded.

"Oh, yeah, sure, I'll bring it in." God. She's never going to talk to me again after tonight. Why can't I be cooler and less dorky. I groan softly, hitting my head against the wall outside my bedroom and then proceed down the hall to retrieve the DVD from the living room. I get back and put it in.

I hesitantly make my way over to the bed. Sam has thrown the comforter down to the bottom of the bed, so I lay down next to her and prop myself up on the pillows. I have a lot of pillows; don't ask me why, I just do. Sam seems to like them though, so that's good news to me. At least I've done something right.

She falls asleep first. The movie is almost over, when, suddenly, I feel something hit my shoulder. I look down to see Sam's silky blond curls resting on my chest. Smiling, yet feeling a little scared that she'll wake up, I stay still. The movie ends and I turn the tv off. I pull up the comforter and throw it over us. I can honestly say, I never in a billion trillion years would have expected for Sam to be the first girl I slept in the same bed with. Never. But oddly, I can't imagine wanting to be here with anyone else.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sam's POV-Early Morning

The sun shines through the curtains and I moan. I hate waking up early. I feel something heavy on my side. I look down and see a muscular tanned arm connected to a warm body. Glancing up, I blank when I see Freddie's sleeping face.