16. "Don't Stick It Out Then!"

I haven't edited at all. This may make no sense. Sorry if that's the case. I just don't have the time.

Dedicated to ellbell1236, a fellow Seddie shipper who's also writing a Seddie story on Wattpad. Every one of you Seddie shippers out there hold a special place in my heart. Just sayin'<3

Also, CauseWereRoyal, betcha thought this would be the chapter I finally wrote IT. It isn't!!! April Fools! Or uh, January Fools I suppose(: #thatawkwardmoment. But I wanted to surprise you as well as them. So this chapter happened.

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THIS STORY CAME FROM. I DON'T PLAN ANYTHING, I JUST START WRITING AND THIS HAPPENS. SO BE APPRECIATIVE THAT SINCE I KNEW YOU GUYS WOULD WANT A GOOD ENDING, I ACTUALLY SORT OF PLANNED OUT THE END. KIND OF. THE STORY'S ALMOST FINISHED!! EEP! I FEEL LIKE I JUST STARTED IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND VOTES AND YOUR SWEET, INSPIRING, FUNNY COMMENTS. I LOVE YOU AND I WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY SEDDIE DAY!

Sam's POV

Oh. My. Effing. God.

She set up a poll. Not just any poll. A fan shipping poll. I stare at the screen in numb shock and my fear grows as I read down.
__________________________
Hey all you iCarly fans out there! It's Carly. Lately I've been thinking about the fan war that happened at Webicon two years ago, with all the Seddie and Creddie fans going insane and defending their prefered shipping with their life. Looking back the numbers seemed pretty evenly divided between the ships and I was just wondering if anything has changed since then.
So here's a poll that will finally show which ship belongs together, or at least which ship the majority of iCarly fans believe belong together. So clickety click down there on the shipping name you want to come out on top. Each person may only vote once.

:::: (-CREDDIE-) ::::

or

:::: (-SEDDIE-) ::::

Oh, and by the way? The
shipping that wins will kiss live on iCarly. Just to let ya know(:

Sincerely, Carly Shay
Co-host of iCarly
__________________________

I finally peek over at Freddie after I finish reading and he's just as shocked as me, his body frozen like an ice statue and eyes more enormous as my Uncle Steven's entire criminal record. After Carly gave us that mischievous look and began happy dancing around the room, we immediately knew something bad would follow. We raced down the stairs like our pants were on fire, past Spencer who's pants actually were on fire, and dived to a breathy stop in front of the Shay siblings' monitor on the kitchen counter. Freddie pulled up the iCarly site and then staring us in the goddamn face was this monstrosity.
I glance at him again. He has a faraway look to those saucers on his face like he's thinking about something important and a little ghost of a smile touches his lips. I wonder about that for a minute but decide to just let it go and give the poll my full attention.
"I'm going to kill her," I decide, speaking out loud.
Freddie finally snaps out of his daze and turns to look at me. Well, look around me I should say.
"No, you won't," he replies absentmindedly. He avoids my eyes and I notice a cherry red blush spreading across his cheeks. I snicker and he finally meets my eyes, narrowing his own as he notices I'm laughing at him.
"What." He asks, daring me to say something. Usually I would never turn down a chance to humiliate my nerd, but this time, I have to because it would embarrass me as well. Besides, we have more important issues to deal with and I'll need him on my side when we go yell at Carly.
So all I say is, "Oh, nothing," making it damn well obvious that it definitely is something. He doesn't take the bait though, to my relief since we don't have time to bicker but, oddly, it's to my disappointment as well. I like it when my nerd fights back.
Glancing at the door, I tell him, "We should probably go talk to Carly about this little act on her part." He nods, still flustered and I can tell he's still lost in his big head. So I loop my arm through his and yank him upstairs to Carly. She sits perched in a beanbag chair staring at the door patiently, as if just waiting for us to come storming up the stairs.
"Hey guys, what's up?" She asks smiling. That girl's cheeks must hurt like hell to smile all the time like she does.
I see Freddie not paying attention and give him a small pinch to wake him up.
"Ow!!" He yelps and jumps away from me.I might've lied when I said small.
"Oh don't be such a baby," I say under my breath, before giving Carly a death glare and marching over to her. Her smile never falters.
"Who do you think you are, not consulting Freddie and I on this new "idea" you came up with? The show might be named after you but it's still ours too," I snap. Freddie gulps but nods his head in agreement.
"And I'm sorry," Carly tells us, looking a little hurt, "but you would have never agreed and I knew it was time to do it. The fans have been begging for this for ages and you both know it. If I can be mature about it, why can't you?"
Because we aren't mature, I want to say. At least I'm not. And I usually tend to rub off on Freddie when we're together. And you think you're so mature? Get off your high horse and try to open your eyes once in awhile, you prissy, bossy, snobby daffodil.
But I don't say any of that because I know I'm just angry and there's no need to start a big fight over nothing. And that's what this poll really is. I know we've been pushing this off for years, especially me. But I'm scared. I'm scared that the results will come out and it'll say that Creddie is perfect together and that Carly and Freddie belong with each other and I'm just the third wheel who'll be lost in their gooey romantic love, forever being forced to watch as my best friend rides off into the sunset with the only boy I ever truly could picture being wi- no. I can't think that. I can't like Freddie like that. It'll never work out and he doesn't even like me like that. But I can't help these stupid butterflies that make my stomach do summersaults every time he smiles at me, or touches me, or even when we're just in the same room together. I feel connected to him. And I'm terrified that the vote will come out in favor of them. The perfect boy and the perfect girl, together. It only makes sense, right?
But even as terrified as I am for that outcome, that doesn't even begin to describe my fear for the other outcome. What if the Seddiers won? As bad as becoming the third wheel to my best friend and my "crush"(I can't think of another word to describe him. That feels like too casual of a word but oh well. You get the idea.), as bad as that would be, getting rejected by him would be nine billion times worse.
So Carly, that's why I didn't want to do this.
But none of that leaves my hopeless mind and I simply reply with a glare that could mean anything. And the words I don't say are everything but she doesn't know. And no one ever will if I have any say about it.
"I mean, come on guys, I know you aren't happy but it needs to be done. And though I can apologize for a lot of things, I can't be sorry about that," Carly finishes.
I just sigh and Freddie looks at me to see what my response is.
"Fine. It's not like I can really stop it from happening now that it's already up for the world to see." I say acidly, pushing away the negative feelings and Carly flounces over and hugs me tightly.
"Thank you!" She squeals happily and it's Freddie's turn to snicker at me.
"Not a hugger, not a hugger," I murmur into the dark mane of hair connected to my girly, very hug-happy bff.
"Don't care," she murmurs back and I laugh slightly She might be prissy as all hell, but she's still the bestest friend any girl could ask for.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 hours later

"Sam, do you really think we should be doing this?" Freddie asks anxiously. He glances around the studio nervously for the third time since we got here, causing me to roll my eyes at him.
"Oh stop your fretting, Fredbag. We might have forgiven her, but revenge still needs to be taken for her not telling us about that poll." I explain.
"But is it really necess-" I cut him off.
"Yes."
He sighs and we get back to work.
"Okay, gimme the bucket," I tell him.
He hands me it and I fill it to the rim.
Finally, we're finished.
Freddie bites his lip and stares at it and the doubt is still clear in those warm chocolate pools. Mmm, a chocolate pool, yum. Or a chocolate hot tub maybe?
"Sam? Sam? Princess Puckett, you in there?" I feel a knock on my head and reflexively grab the offending hand and twist it in a steely hold.
"Don't call me princess," I say, snapping back into reality.
Freddie yelps lightly but can't seem to help the smirky smile that flits its way across his face.
"Yeah, yeah."
"Don't you 'yeah, yeah' me," I tell him, still holding onto his wrist. His face is mere inches from mine.
I stick my tongue out at him childishly and, in retaliation, and I have no idea what possesses him to do it, he leans forward and licks it.
This time, its my turn to yelp. The blue bean bag chair trips me as I stumble back, landing flat on my butt.
"What the hell? You can't just go around licking people's tongues!" I yell at him, my face, I'm sure, turning pink.
He shrugs sheepishly.
"You shouldn't stick it out then," he replies nonchalantly.
"I-i-you know, just forget it," I say. "We're done here, let's go downstairs. I'm hungry."
"Surprise, surprise," Freddie says under his breath but I'm thinking too hard to really focus on what he's saying.
If it wasn't for the insurmountable number of butterflies in my stomach, I wouldn't care all that much. I've never been one to get worried about personal hygiene and Freddie probably has a cleaner mouth any other 17 year old boy. But the icky bugs that most people enjoy are definitely there and I can't get rid of them. And I have to soon or I'll fall completely and he'll never catch me. He'll be too busy gawking at a pretty girly girl like a Carly, or a Valerie or a Jenna. Not a scruffy girl who has no future and has attempted to maul him before. A few times.
Freddie pulls me to my feet and all is fine again as he slips around me to walk out. That is until he opens his goddamn desirable mouth again.
"Its not like we haven't swapped spit before," he murmurs. "And because of this new poll, probably will again pretty soon."
I stop breathing and just stand there frozen.
"Why do you say that?" I ask carefully.
"Well, there are thousands more Seddie fans than Creddie," he says.
"How would you know that? Do you check out the fan sites or something?" I ask, not expecting his reaction.
It's his turn to blush.
"Wait, do you?" I ask him again, naturally curious.
He pauses, looks at me for a second, then swivels around, and dashes for the stairs.
I laugh. What a goofball.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!!! As I said before, thank you all for your support!!

~dustin the great~