10. Wedding Onion Rings

This chapter is dedicated to CauseWereRoyal, a seddie lover who's comments keep me motivated to keep writing this story(:

Freddie's POV

We arrive at the mall and immediately begin shopping. Carly wants to finish shopping for me before we move on to Sam and Sam is, no surprise, totally fine with that. Spencer leaves to go to, ironically, Spencer's. We look at him weird when he says that but he insists Socko told him they have really awesome socks in there.

"Hey Freddie, come over here." Carly calls from across the store.

I walk over and she points at a mannequin wearing a black and blue shirt with black jeans.

"Go stand next to that mannequin." she orders. I look at her weird but stand next to it.

"Sam, come here!"

So now, both girls are standing in front of me and Manny(haha), and I'm more confused than ever.

"What?" I ask impatiently, tired of getting stared at.

"I agree," Sam finally says, turning to Carly, who nods and starts walking around picking up items of clothing.

"K. We're done here," she says, carrying a pile over each arm.

Now I'm really confused, yet relieved we can finally go.

"Uh. Okay," I say. I don't really care what they buy anyway.

We pay and leave the store.
Carly turns to Sam and I.

"Where do you wanna go next?" She asks brightly.

"I don't know, you pick" Sam asks.

"Cool." Carly says.

That was a bad idea. We end up going to the girliest store in the mall, Serendipity 101.
(idk if there is an actual store named that-I just made it up.)
I just hope Carly is prepared for multiple tantrums from Sam refusing to try on anything in the store.

Carly's POV

"So, Spencer, how'd your date with the actress go?" Freddie asks.

We had been shopping for about thirty minutes at Serendipity 101, when Sam sat down right in the middle of the story and demanded food. Freddie was laughing but I was pissed. That's my favorite store and I was hoping to spend more than a half hour there. I tried to convince her to wait another hour or two and attempted to get Freddie to help me but then she gave him puppy dog eyes and he was gone. So we headed for the food court on the second floor and here we are.
We're standing in line and I'm observing Sam and Freddie's interaction with each other.

"It was great!" Spencer replies happily.
"She believed you?" Sam asks doubtfully.
"No, but she said I seemed like a nice guy and that she'd give me another chance as long as I stopped lying about myself!" He and Freddie fist bump, while Sam and I just roll our eyes. Typical boys.
We step up to order.
"Hello, what can I get for you?" A cheery looking girl says. She's pretty, but in a slightly trying-too-hard way, with long, light brown hair, too much makeup and a frilly pink blouse on under her apron. The girl eyes Freddie and bats her eyes flirtatiously. Freddie, totally oblivious to her flirting attempts, turns to Sam.

"I assume I'll be paying for you too?" He says with a grin.

"If you don't mind." Sam smiles sweetly at him and he stares at her, surprised and more than a little confused by her uncharacteristically polite response and lack of a sarcastic retort. They order and Freddie reaches for his wallet, looking away for a moment. I'm confused too until I see Sam give the girl at the counter a smirk and lightly place her hand on Freddie's arm possessively. The girl glares at her but turns on the charm as soon as she has Freddie's attention again. Aha. This should be interesting.