3. Giggles and Deal Making

Sam's P.O.V.

"Sam! Leave me alone!"

I don't think so. I cannot BELIEVE he did that! He knows I hate all that girly chiz! Only one of us had to be pained to do this. Why did he say we should all do it! Does he want me to hate him?

I scream in rage as I try to get to him but he's dancing around the table, making sure to stay opposite of me. I run around it, but he's already on the other side.

"Benson! Man up and stop dancing around, because you know I'll get you back sometime. Might as well get it over with."

Suddenly he stops moving and I slam into his chest. I look up at him surprised, and blush. He grins at me and gets this irritatingly smug look in his chocolate eyes and I realize I'm practically rubbing up against him, we're standing so close.

I step back awkwardly.

"Wow. I didn't expect you to stop. You finally trying to claim back your dignity?"

"Why would you think I don't already have dignity?" He asks.

"Well, I suppose you could, but I just assumed your mom would have bathed it out of you by now." I reply, smirking.

"Well, I suppose I should be grateful you even acknowledged the fact that I ever had any dignity at all." He deadpans, and I giggle. My eyes widen, and I duck my head and blush furiously, realizing what I just did.

Crap! I don't giggle! Especially not at our geeky tech producer! Shit, shit, shit! Did Freddie notice? I peek up at him and see his wide smirk. Sigh. He noticed. Time to start digging my grave.

"I didn't know Pucketts could giggle. Or blush, for that matter."

"Don't you dare tell anyone about this, Benson." I growl.

"Fine. I won't. As long as you let Carly have her way with the segment."

I groan. I had gotten distracted from my anger after Freddie had stood up for himself. He never would've done that a few years ago. In a grudging way, I'm sort of proud of the dweeb.

"Fine."

"Really?" He looks thrilled.

I smile a little, unable to resist his happy enthusiasm, and roll my eyes.

Walking over to the fridge, I pull out some ham slices.

"Want one?" I ask him.

He reaches up and touches my forehead and I shiver. What's wrong with me today? Am I sick?

"Are you sick?" He asks.

I guess we're on the same page for once.

"Do you want some or not?" I snap impatiently, trying to distract him from my shiver.

"Sure." He smiles at me and takes the slice from my hand.

We've been watching tv and eating ham for about two hours when Carly comes running down the stairs.

"Okay." She begins. "I planned out exactly what I want us to do for the segment. I already called Spencer-"

"Where is he?" Sam asks.

Carly rolls her eyes. "He's down at the Groovie Smoothie trying to convince some hot wannabe actress he's a famous movie director from Portugal."

"Why-"

"Don't ask. Anyway, I asked him if he could finance all the shopping we're going to have to be doing for segment, and he agreed, as long as we helped with his next few sculptures. So we can buy whole new wardrobes! Isn't that awesome?!" She squeals happily and Freddie looks a little green. I probably do too.