Good Day Sunshine

Chapter 18:

        The sound of birds chirping and the sun rays trying to tear through my closed eyes woke me up. Paul was there beside me, arms wrapped around me and kissed me softly on the cheek, already awake.

   “G’mornin’ love” Paul said, pulling me closer. I now remembered being on the roof and falling asleep there. Paul sounded as if he’d been awake for a while now and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Good, uh, day?” I said looking at the sky, it looked as if it had already been past afternoon “Stop starring at me. Creep” I said, laughing at Paul, he just gave me a hurt look before he tried to pull me closer and I swear break my bones. “Can’t. Breathe.”

“Oh right yeah” Paul said letting go of me, smiling like a little school girl, I breathed in quickly. “I-I forgot…?”

“Forgot I breathed? Hm, thanks Paul, what’re you trying to say?” I asked, and kept my face in a hurt, distraught look.

“I didn’t know angels needed to breathe.” Paul whispered, in a low, almost seductive voice, then kissing me on the lips, sweetly.

“Okay Paulie. You’re forgiven. But do you know what time it is? It must be getting late?” I asked, looking at my invisible watch, making a note to myself that I’ll probably need one soon.

“We can go inside and look?” Paul offered and I looked under the covers at my pulled up and wrinkled dress.

“Turn around” I told him, then he gave me an evil smirk and continued on.

“Ye said, I’d get to see more skin. Remember that, hm?” Paul said again in a low voice.

“Yet we’re on the roof of a very tall building in the middle of London. And while I said you can see more of me, I don’t really remember giving the rest of London that promise.” As I said this to him, in my smart toned voice, cars beeped and hummed, very softly and far away, giving reason to my point. Paul nodded his head, and let me get situated, before we left to get inside.

“Yer hair’s a mess.” Paul said, snickering at me.

“Yer one to talk macca!” I said and he quickly pulled his fingers threw his hair, I hit them “Ah quit it, you don’t always have to look cuter than me”

“No one’s cuter than you.” Paul said, smiling and we found our way back to the kitchen, Mick was there drinking out of the orange juice container.

“Bloody hell it’s almost 3!” I said, whisper yelling, looking at the stove clock. Mick shot me a glare and I remembered that everyone must have been to hung-over to wake up or even move and that’s why Paul and I hadn’t woken up till now.

“I’ll be ready for human contact in 15 minutes.” Mick said softly, being aware of mostly himself, turning back to the living room and taking a seat on one of the only open chairs.

“Coffee?” I whispered and Paul nodded, I looked threw the cupboards, opening them all fast enough so they wouldn’t squeak and started making the coffee. Paul got the sugar and milk out and we sat there drinking coffee, until Paul’s stomach grumbled, interrupting the silence.

“I’m hungry.” Paul whined, and I thought of something quickly, not bothering to cook or even leave the house for that matter.

“Take out?” I asked

“Chinese? I know you love Chinese, I think everyone does.” Paul asked with a big smile on his face

“Sure, I’d love some. I think there’s a phonebook by the telly, if you want to call? I’m sure they have some takeout menus here. I told him, getting off the chair.