If I Fell

Chapter 17:

I woke up late the next day late, Paul still being beside me. It was already 12 in the afternoon, I groaned in annoyance, I can’t believe we slept so late into the day. I got up quietly, putting on Paul’s night pants over my underwear and just left my tank top on. As I snuck out of my room, I noticed nobody else had waken up either. I left for the kitchen, setting up the water for tea and turning for the fridge. The fling door to the kitchen opened silently, like I had moments before. Quick steps towards me and a sigh kept my back to the fridge.

“Emi-” He began to say but I cut him off to quickly.

“Don’t. You said all you needed to yesterday. Didn’t you?” I told George harshly, maybe a little to much, then shutting the fridge door milk and an apple in hand.

“No, because I was drunk and not thinking.” George said softly, like he should be the one crying.

“Then why? Why did you say it? Why would you say such awfulthings if you didn’t mean to? I thought you cared about me? You’re not supposed to do that to people you care about and supposedly love.”

“I did it because I wasn’t thinking! I wanted to give you a reason to be mean and hate me! I wanted something to make me stop loving you! So I could hate you, but I ended up hating myself even more. I can’t stop thinking about you, I hate that I was horrible to you. I want you, I need you, I love you. I-I even finished your song.” George said yelling at first but becoming hurt, his voice breaking with almost every word. I couldn’t stand it.

“Geor-”

“No, stay here. I’ll be right back.” George says cutting me off and running of, out the door.

“I know you’re confused. I just want you to listen okay?” He asked me, setting up his guitar, tuning it a bit “Will you please?” George asked me with pleading eyes.

“Okay” I said softly, watching George’s reaction hurting me deeply, due to the mix of sadness and excitement.

“You don't realize how much I need you

Love you all the time and never leave you

Please come on back to me

I'm lonely as can be

I need you

Said you had a thing or two to tell me

How was I to know you would upset me?

I didn't realize as I looked in your eyes

You told me, oh yes, you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore

That's when it hurt me and feeling like this I just can't go on anymore

Please remember how I feel about you

I could never really live without you

So, come on back and see just what you mean to me. I need you

But when you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore

That's when it hurt me and feeling like this I just can't go on anymore

Please remember how I feel about you

I could never really live without you

So, come on back and see just what you mean to me

I need you

I need you

I need you”

George sang, while playing a sweet melody. His eyes, every time he’d glance up to look up at me, looked as if he was going to cry, and I couldn’t help myself, but letting a tear or two escaper, but quickly wiping them away.