Till There Was You

Chapter 14: 

    I woke up, with an arm wrapped around my waist softly, as I started to open my eyes I realized that was not a good decision. I couldn’t back out of waking up now, I stretched and it seemed as if my muscles throbbed as bad as my head did. I slipped from Paul’s grip and stepped over the boys on the floor. I went into the bathroom and right on the counter was a bottle of hydrocodone, a very low dose, and a note that read “Hangover medication. Take one!“ but I recognized the name since my friends had given it to me before for when I was feeling really bad. I took a pill and brought it with me to the kitchen where I took a water bottle out and used it to swallow the pill, plus my throat tasted like crap. 

    I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 3pm. Shit. Well that’s what I get for not going to sleep till 6 or 7 in the morning. I decided it’d be nice for the boys to wake up on their own so I went into the house more to find an empty room. The first room I saw off the kitchen had a sock over the door handle so I decided to not bother that room. I went up their large marble stair case and looked in the first room, it was a bedroom that looked like it was a guest room. It was a medium shade of blue green that made me relax, a big bed with white sheets and covers, but the pillows were in all different shades of blues and greens. The walls were covered in black and white photography and there was a small record player in the corner with a couple of records beside of it. The wood pieces were a medium oak color. 

    I decided to try and stay up, even though I was freezing, but at least the headache was going away. I listened to a record or two and debated whether I should go downstairs or not. After awhile I decided on yes, but I’d try not to wake them up. I tip-toed down the marble stair case and walked into the kitchen, maybe I should make their hung-over butts breakfast. As I walked into the kitchen I saw a figure sitting at the table holding his head and drinking water. 

    “There’s medicine in the bathroom.” I said softly knowing how horrible he- whoever he was is feeling. 

    “Emily?” A groggy voice asked and I made it out to be Ringo as I came closer. 

    “Yeah. Do you want me to go get you some?” I asked slowly and walking out knowing it’s probably a yes. 

    “Would you please?” Ringo asked putting his head up slowly and trying to smile but I saw how bad it hurt him. I walked into the bathroom took a pill out and brought it back to Ringo. 

    “Thank ye so much Em.” Ringo said swallowing the pill I nodded at him and told him that he should start to feel better any minute. I started to take out the stuff I would be needing to use to make them breakfast. Once Ringo started to feel better I’d start making breakfast. 

    “Why’re ye up so early?” Ringo asked me, in an almost normal voice so I took out a pan and turned it on. 

    “Early? Are you kidding me? It’s almost five.” I said laughing and then noticing it’s almost five I should just order something. 

    “Then why’re ye cooking breakfast?” Ringo said with a big grin, almost reading my thoughts. I turned the pan off and put all the ingredients back in the fridge. 

    “Fine, once it strikes 5:30 I’ll call in for pizza.”  I told him and walked over the table he was sitting at. 

    “Awesome. I love pizza.” Ringo said with another big smile “So how was your night?” He asked me with a sly grin on his face like he knew something I didn’t know. 

    “Fine. Drunk. Why? Did something happen that I wasn’t aware of?” I asked and I suddenly saw his grin drop. He didn’t say anything back so I panicked.