卌 f o r t y - n i n e 卌

Please vote xx when people don't vote it makes my story ranking drop lower and it's one of my goals to get it as high as possible!! Xx

•••

"Are you kidding? I'm so being Lightning again because lightning always comes in first!" She laughed.

"I guess I'll be Titanic again," Ashton laughed, putting his name into the laser gun.

"Well, I'm Thunder." I grinned proudly.

"Can we all be on one team this time?" Ashton begged. "You two against me last round was not fair."

Courtney laughed. Her blue hair fell off her shoulders smoothly as her head tilted back. And the way her eyes squeezed tightly shut as she laughed, it made cute little creases besides her eyes.

"Oh, fine." She joked.

The three of us headed back into the arena against some younger teenaged kids, about the age of 13 or 14, and then we had some adults on each team as well.

"Stick as a group?" Courtney suggested.

Ashton and I concurred as we all ran into the arena. We ran to the top floor of the laser tag arena when the game began.

Courtney, being a master at laser tag, starting shooting a whole bunch of people on the blue team. Some kid ran up the ramp and shot me and Ashton in two clean shots.

Another boy ran behind him and followed straight.

"Courtney, watch out, blues at six o'clock!" I yelled.

Courtney spun around as one shot her in the black plate.

"Oh, just you wait till' my suit lights up again--"

Before her suit lit up again, Ashton and I shot the two boys. Courtney's suit glowed red showing she could shoot again, just before the boys did. She shot both of them, backing them into a corner. When their suits lit up again she proceeded to shoot them.

"Die, bitches!" She laughed.

"Okay, maybe that's enough for now." Ashton laughed, pulling her away.

"No, wait, just one more time-- okay let's go now." She grinned widely and charged down the ramp.

"Did you swear in front of two twelve year olds?" I asked, chuckling a tad.

"They so weren't twelve. They were like thirteen, probably. I'm sure they've heard worse than a word that's also used to describe female dogs."

I laughed and shook my head, as Courtney's suit flashed white.

"That's what you get for calling us bitches, bitch!" One of the kids yelled.

Courtney turned around. "Excuse me, that is not appropriate language!"

She ran off after the two boys.

Ashton and I didn't see Courtney for the rest of the game, but we assumed she was off shooting the two taunting little kids.

At the end, everyone exited the arena while a teenaged-worked stepped onto the mini stage. "Alright," He cleared his throat. "So, the player who got third was Jack O'Lattern. He scored 1,294 points." He held up a stats sheet as one of the kids whooped.

The worker continued. "The player with second place was Dragon. He scored 2,583 points." The other kid whooped.

The two boys stuck their tongues out at Courtney, as if saying, Ha, beat that, Loser.

Courtney crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, turning back to the worker, waiting to hear who won first place.

"And first place scored...woah, wait, first place scored 7,784 points." The worker glared at the page as if looking to see if he had read it right. "Right, well, first place goes to Lightning."

Courtney gave a holler and spun around in a circle as the two kids let their jaws drop.

"Beat that, suckers!" She laughed at the two boys. The rest of the group dispersed.

"Good job," I grinned at Courtney as she came and joined Ashton and I in the back.

"Those two kids are jerks." She scoffed angrily, crossing her arms.

"Want to go some where else?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, let's go get lunch or something."

The three of us left the laser tag building after calling a cab. Courtney sighed when we were driving off.

"I was really hoping we would be getting first, second, and third."

Ashton laughed. "Why would you think that? I'm lucky they even let me play with my leg. I was lucky I shot one person." He motioned to his long cast.

Courtney shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. How much longer do you have with that thing anyways?"

"I think about two weeks left, yeah, I'm about at the halfway point." He nodded.

"It's hard to believe we've been here for two weeks."

"Oh, er, speaking of..." Courtney bit her lip. "Guys, I've missed two weeks of school, I really need to get back to California soon. I understand if you don't want to come because your home is here, but I do really need to be getting home. I won't have enough credits to pass my classes if I don't get back soon."

I sighed, not having even thought about Courtney's school. "Well, we're officially off from the tour. I'm okay to go back to America. All of our Australian business is over."

"But your families are here. Are you sure you want to come back to America?" Courtney asked timidly.

"Here, how about we'll buy you a ticket for the end of the week, and then we'll come back a couple days after."

"I'll pay for my ticket."

"No you won't." Ashton cut her off. "We flew you here, we're flying you home."

"Are you sure?" She looked between the two of us.

I nodded. "So, this Friday you can head back. What is today, Tuesday? That gives you a couple of days. How about we follow you back the next Wednesday?" I asked.

The two of us agreed.

"Say, how is your college going?" Ashton asked. "I know you weren't really enjoying it."

Courtney shrugged, rubbing her tan neck. "It's eh. I guess I just need to stop trying to keep the art I know with me, and actually try and look at things from a new perspective. I just can't keep being one sided, or I'll never be an artist." She chuckled a tad.

"When I move into my own house, I'm going to make sure all the paintings I hang are yours." I smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, mine too. I've seen your art, it's amazing. I want a lot of it, just everywhere." Ashton agreed.

A large grin spred on Courtney's face, showing her pearly white teeth. "Okay! So Friday, then?"

"Friday."

////

AhH THERE'S ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT I'M SO SAD MYSELF WAHHH

Question: Where's the farthest you've ever traveled?

ily all so much thank you for all of your amazing support! I hope you've enjoyed this story! I have other stories up so go check those out as well, I know if you liked this story you'll like the others as well! I have a Michael fan fiction up right now and a 5sos horror fan fiction up! (I also have an Ashton one in the making but I'm not publishing it until this one is over. But it's not a sequel it's a completely new plot XP )

Don't be a silent reader, say hi! (especially if you're a silent reader, I want to hear from you!)

If you see any typos or errors please message me!

Ily xx

\\\\