卌 t h i r t y - s i x 卌

Get this chapter to 52 votes for the next chapter ;)

••••

My eyes blinked open and I took in my surroundings.

Confusion temporarily scared me as I flew up in my bed. Suddenly I remembered what happened.

I turned to see Courtney sleeping peacefully next to me, her curly ombré hair flowing down her shoulders.

I propped myself out of the bed looked at the time. 9:07 am. Wandering out of the room, I began looking for a doctor.

After searching down the corridor aimlessly, I heard someone call to me.

"Sir, can I help you?"

I turned to see a male doctor staring at me from a couple doors down.

"Actually, yes." I said, waltzing up to him. "My friends were in a car accident last night. I was staying with one but they took away my other friend to make sure he was okay, I was looking for someone to update me."

The man nodded. "Of course, what was his name?"

"Ashton, Ashton Irwin."

He nodded and motioned for me to follow him. He led to a computer where he began typing quickly. I fiddled with my shirt and noticed I was still in my pajamas from last night.

"Alright," The man noted, snapping me back to attention. "He's on the second floor, which most likely means he's still being examined. We can head up there and check but I can't promise any visits."

I nodded. "Would you mind checking for me?"

He shook his head. "Not at all."

He turned swiftly on his heel and headed down the hallway, leaving me to follow. We snagged an elevator to the second floor, which ended up looking just like the first.

"Alright he was in room 248, so it should just be up here on the right."

The man told me I had to stay outside the room while he popped in and checked on Ash. I nodded and leaned against the wall nervously as he headed inside the room, leaving me alone.

After a moment, the man emerged from the room again.

I pushed off the wall and looked at him intently.

"Okay," he began taking a deep breath. "Good and bad news, which first?"

"Which is there more of?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Good."

"Okay, then bad news first."

"The bad news is you can't see him right now. You'll be able to see him today for sure, they just need to run a few more tests."

"Okay," I sighed, relieved that I didn't hear completely awful bad news. "Good news?"

"He'll be just fine. He has a concussion and he dislocated his hip, but he'll survive."

"He dislocated his hip?!"

The doctor nodded, rubbing hand along his jawline. "Yes. From what it looks like he managed to hit is knee on against something in the car, which pushed his Femur out of the Acetabulum."
(A/N I did full research on this guys be proud of me)