卌 t w e n t y - s e v e n 卌

Get ready for the best puns you've ever heard in this chapter!😂

Dedication goes to long-nights :)

••••

"What if you spelled it out in the sky?"

"That's not going to work she probably won't see it in time."

"Yes she will."

"Let's just rule that one out. Let's go with something else."

"What about if you tweeted about it?"

"Great. Technology has ruined everything."

"I'm just trying to give you ideas. Don't shoot the messenger."

"Let's just talk about it later."

"Alright, alright."

****

Thump, thump, thump.

"Courtney answer the goddamn door it's for you!"

I flew up in my bed as I felt a pillow hit my face.

"Huh?" I looked around.

My dorm mate, Meghan, scowled at me from her bed. "Whoever is at the door has been there for the last five minutes calling your name!" She snapped.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Sorry," I said awkwardly.

Thump, thump, thump.

"Coming!" I called. I fixed my messy rat nest hair quickly then ran to answer the door.

I yanked it open and was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

"Awe, Courtney's in her pyjamas!" Ashton giggled.

I rolled my eyes playfully and looked back at my alarm clock in my room. "It's 7:13 in the morning you idiots," I smiled at Calum and Ashton, who stood at my door.

I heard Meghan gasp from behind me. "You're both from 5 Seconds of Summer! Oh my gosh!" She ran up to the door and pushed me out of the way. I flew back and landed softly on my bed with a light grunt. I blew my orange ombré hair out of my face.

"Hi!" She smiled at Calum and Ashton. "I'm Meghan, I love your band!"

Ashton smiled politely. "Well, thank you. We're sorry we were pounding on the door. We really needed to steal Courtney for a bit- we hope you don't mind."

I stood up and fixed my pyjamas. "I'll be ready in five," I called past Meghan.

Calum nodded. "We'll be in the parking lot,"

The two smiled, and Meghan closed the door. She whipped around to look at me.

"You didn't tell me you knew them!"

I blinked at her. "I didn't know I was supposed to," I said awkwardly.

"You need to drag me along to one of your hang outs- I need to meet Luke so he can fall head over heels for me."

I nodded slowly. "Right, I'll do that. I've got to get ready."

I turned and headed into my closet and picked out a simple grey shirt with some black skinny jeans with rips in the knees. I put on some white high top converse and French braided my black-orange ombré hair. After quickly scribbling on my makeup, I grabbed my bag and keys, and saw Meghan blinking at me, all dressed up.