Chapter 22

[Chapter 22]

Jordan, Charlie and I rushed out of the room Marcus had been murdered in only to find ourselves in another horrible situation.

All the other Agents are gathered around, their faces filled with worry and fear. I turn on my hearing device and receive a message from Carter.

"Guys, get out of there now! There's a bomb in the south east side of the building, we don't know how much time you have but it's gonna be a big blow."

I look to the other agents who also revived the message. Replying back to him I clear my throat and take Charlie's hand in mine, calming him down a little.
"Uhum, Carter. We know...we're standing in the room. That's not the only problem we have. We found Aaron and Mia...strapped to the bomb..."

My eyes drift to Jordan, his shoulders slumped, his pain held eyes locked on his older brother and his fist clenched in anger.
Charlie on the other hand, was zoned out of it. My guess, he's shocked. Mia practically raised him. He looked to her as a motherly figure. As did I. I'm going to make it my mission to save them...for the sake of Jordan and Charlie

I guess I had been zoned out for a while. Shaking my head, I close my eyes and take a deep breath then look at Dylan.

"Dylan, what happened to our comms?" I lightly tap the hearing device in my ear but instantly wince when I get a lot of feedback. I pull it out and put it in my pocket knowing it'll be useless.

"The frequency from the bomb is blocking the signal. Our comms won't do us any justice. The last message we received from Carter and Adrian was to disarm the bomb to the best of our ability, and make sure we get Aaron and Mia out of here in one piece." Dylan kneels down and looks takes in the situation.

Mia sits facing the door, her head hung low and her hands tied behind her back. Her ankles are roped up to the legs of the chair, making matters worse, a black vest is strapped across her chest. The bomb...
Aaron sits in the same situation, both him and Mia sitting back to back.

I look to Charlie and Jordan who are now moving hastily to cut the ropes off of their wrists and ankles. I crouch down next to Dylan and sigh shakily.

"Dylan we need all the info we can get bout bombs. Since we lost contact from Adrian, our lovely bomb expert, we're counting on you for back up." I know it's a lot of pressure on him, but we need this to work as well as it can.

Dylan nods and looks at the rest of the agents. "Okay guys, so first things first. When Aaron and Mia awake from their unconscious state, we have to make sure they do not panic. From what I can tell the bombs timer is based of off their heart beat. Every time their heart rate increases, so does the timer. See the beeping noise?"

We listen to the steady beeping. It sounds like a heart monitor.

"The faster the beeping noise, the shorter the time we'll have. Right now the beeping is steady, meaning their heart rates are at rest." He turns his head to look at Mia and Aaron. "As you can tell by their unconscious state."

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"Okay so? All we need to do is keep their heart rates steady? Then you can diffuse the bomb as tah-dah! Everyone's happy!" Maddy being her ditsy blonde self, tried to lighten the mood. By the look on Charlie and Jordan's face, lets just say we'll leave the acting Ari.

She rolls her eyes and flips her hair over her shoulders shrugging a little. "Oh well, can't say I didn't try."

I glare at her then look to Dylan. "So, how do we go about this? They're untied and still unconscious."

Caleb, who has been awfully quiet clears his throat and looks up with a tight smile. "Uhm, I'll go outside and keep watch. I'll let you know if I see anything suspicious." He walks towards the old arched doorway keeping his head down, his hands tucked firmly in the front of his jean pockets.

I frown and run up after him following him out. Once we reach the outside of the mental asylum I turn to him, raising my brows. "Caleb what's wrong?"
Shrugging, he keeps his head down kicking the loose stones on the floor. "Nothing." I sigh softly and take a seat on the old wooden bench two paces down from the doors. "Caleb sit, and tell me what's up."

Pulling his hands out his pockets, he reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a box of cigarettes and a lighter. He then sits down next to me pulling out a cancer stick.

"Nooooo, no, no, no smoking." I pull the cigarette out of his hand and snap it in half throwing it away. "'Naughty Caleb."

He groans and pouts at me. "Olivia! That was my last one." He throws the now empty box on the floor and puts his lighter back in his pocket.

I giggle and smile wide. "Good!"
"No! Not good." Kicking his foot childishly he looks at me annoyed.

"Caleb, seriously tell me what's up?" I lean back on the bench crossing my arms across my chest.

"Nothing...it's just that. Ever since Mom and Dad died and we were separated, I didn't know what happened to you. A-and it's just overwhelming seeing that the two people who practically raised you and cared for you are in there with a bomb strapped to their chests."
He looks at the old building, a look of sadness crosses his face. I reach over and hug him gently.

"Caleb, your my big brother. I know we were split up but l have you now, and your not going to lose me. We will save Aaron and Mia, I promise you. When you're ready, I'll introduce you to them." I smile softly and look at him. "Sound good?"

He nods and hugs me back. "Sounds good. Now lets get back in there. They're waiting on us." He smiles back a little then gets up and pats my head.

"Hey! No petting me, I'm not you're pet." I pout and poke his side, he jumps and does a light job away from me. "No tickling! You know I hate that." He rolls his eyes and straightens his shirt out.

"Don't worry bro! Arianna loves ya." I wink playfully and smile. He turns to me shocked and clears his throat. "Hm what? Pffft, dunno what you're talking about." I see his face turn slightly red. Awwww!!

"Whatever, lets go in already." I walk towards the doors, Caleb following behind me.

Just as I'm about to step in a strong force pushes me back. I feel a wave of heat rush over me and before I know it I find my self laying on the cold stoned floor. Pain explodes my body, especially my head and back which took a great hit. I pull my hands up to my head clutching it in my hands. Clenching my eyes shut, I scream as a loud pitched frequency rings through my ears.

I open my eyes to see clouds of black smoke everywhere, coughing slightly I turn my head to the side seeing Caleb's motionless body laying on the ground.

Weakly trying to reach out to him I cough again as I try to talk. "C-Caleb..." He should be okay. I took most of the force from the blast since I was in fronts

Black spots start to cover my vision and my head begins to feel heavy. My eyes slowly start to close as I fight the urge to fall asleep.

My last thoughts before I let the darkness consume me.

The bomb went off...
Aaron and Mia? Are they okay?
Are the others okay?
Charlie...Jordan...

---------------------------------------------

Dreamerfeverxo