Chapter 10

[Chapter 10]

My eyes fluttered open and it took me a few seconds to adjust to the bright light in my room. Wait sorry...not my room? I turn to my left to see a sleeping Matt beside me. One of his arms is draped over my waist and the other is tucked under the pillow. Soft snores leave him mouth and I can't help but smile at how adorable it is. I try to wiggle out of his iron tight grip but I soon find it too difficult to even reach for my phone which is about 30 cm away from me.

"Matt!" I whisper hushed. "Matthew!" I say louder this time. He stirs and turns over his grip gone as both of his arms are tucked under his pillow. Phew! Slowly getting out of bed I unlock my phone and see it's around 6:45 in the morning. School doesn't start till 8am so we still have time.

A wave of hurt hits me as I remember yesterday's events. School. Cindy warning me to stay away from Charlie and Matt. Wait she called him Charlie. It only now clicks in my head that she said Charlie not Tyler. I've been so caught up in events that I hadn't noticed and from what I remember she didn't realise what she had said either. Does that mean she knows his identity, that he's an agent?

Wait agent! After school the warehouse! The fourth agent? Who could it be? The new guy today who is trying to catch us out.

The others being wasted last night...hurt...betrayal and a wave of sadness hit me as I also remember the day I lost my parents.

The bed beside me dips and I hadn't realised that I had been crying. Matt pulls me into another hug and comforts me. Soon understanding that I can't go on like this forever I stand up apologising for making his shirt wet. He brushes it off then motions for me to go into the bathroom and get ready.

Smiling appreciatively I grab my bag and trot to the bathroom putting on my make-up. Weapons, clothes. You know the usual...

After finishing in the bathroom I walk down to the kitchen to see Matt making waffles. Perfect!

-------------

After we both ate out delicious waffles it was time to go to school. We were going in Matt's car as mine needed gas. Typical of me to always forget.

So we are now driving to school in Matt's car. I was humming the song Rude by Magic on the radio until Matt pulled over down the road from school and turned the radio down. I was utterly confused by this act and turned to question him but it seems as if he knew what I was going ask.

"I have to drop you off here. I don't want you being bullied by Cindy and I certainly don't want people to start rumours because you were seen with me. I'm sorry if I'm a jerk to you I would never mean any of it. You're a good person Alyssa and I don't want people to put you down. Meet me back here after school today, I'll be waiting for you." He gives me a warm smile and I instantly feel relaxed. I nod hugging him before walking the rest of the 2 minutes down the road.

I reach the school in no time and see that the parking lot is full as usual. I try to see if I can see the new kid that I spied on yesterday but with no luck I couldn't spot him. I also couldn't see Charlie nor Jordan. I knew they hurt me but we are still on a mission and as we are still agents I need to inform them about the fourth agent, if there is one, and the new dude that is going to try get info of us. I walk the familiar rout to the boy's lockers and as they are both next to each other I don't have to go in 2 directions.

I have noticed that people are still looking at me like I'm some tramp and all I want to do it crawl into a ditch and die but I can't let my depression eat me up and being an agent I was taught to fight emotions. I finally reach their lockers. Both their backs are turned to me and I can hear them chatting away about Soccer.