December 25th, 2016

"Tyler, its two a.m." I whispered, half asleep. I was honestly really tired, working on our project and inserting the picture we took getting gifts onto the slide show practically for an hour, after helping Phil hang more decorations, including mistletoe at the front door.
I held the phone to my ear, rubbing my eyes with my other hand.

I heard Tyler's low laugh, making me blush. "I'm having those thoughts again."

I remained quiet and stared at my window, the moon light reflecting off of the snow already on the floor, revealing falling flecks of a new snow.

Tyler sighed. "Laura, I need to talk to you."

"I'm listening." I said, switching position.

"No, in person.." He sighed again. "Can you look out your window?"

I felt my face burn as I sat up and walked over to my window, looking down at the snow and then at a figure standing by a car parked in the driveway. I saw Tyler wave and lower the phone, hanging up.

I smiled a bit and ran to my door, creeping down the stairs as quietly as I could.

Opening the front door in my slippers and my jacket I grabbed on my way out, I stepped onto the front porch and admired the mistletoe toe hanging just outside of the front door.

Tyler came up the porch steps and smiled.

"Laura, I've been meaning to say something.." He said, running a hand through his hair nervously. "I know since before this project thing, we never really talked, but I've always kind of-"

"Tyler, it's ok-"

"No, no, listen." Tyler sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I don't know how it's possible to like someone when you hardly know them, like really know them. But, I felt like I knew you. And now that we have been spending more time together and I actually have learned things about you and your family, I feel as if I can now say that I have grown feelings for you." He spoke rushed, his cheeks tinging red from either the cold or embarrassment as he talked.

I stood in a sweet silence, listening to him. A small smile reached my lips as I did, knowing he wasn't the only one.

"Tyler." I cut him off, his eyes traveling over my face for any sort of rejection. I blushed deeply and reached for his hand. Releasing a laugh, I spoke. "I don't know how its possible to gain feelings so quickly, but somehow it is, because me liking you back is probably the best proof I've ever have." When he smiled and sighed in relief, I laughed a bit again, thinking of how I've always dreamed I'd one day hold his hand. How he would hold mine back. Here we are.

As cliché as it was, it couldn't have gotten any more, but it did. Tyler looked up at the mistletoe I was ignoring, making me look down to hide my blush.

When I watched as Tyler stepped forward, his hand reaching out to lift my chin to look up to him, I knew that miracles did come true. I knew my impossible Christmas wish wasn't so impossible anymore.

Tyler leaned forward and tilted his head, his lips lightly touching mine. I let my eyes slowly close as he pulled me closer and fully kissed me.

When we pulled back only a little, I grinned and looked up to Tyler from under my lashes.

"Guess that mall Santa was real after all." I said to him, just above a whisper. Seeming to know what I meant, Tyler smirked and leaned down to kiss me again.

Hearing the door open behind me made me jump. "Didn't I tell you I was your only chance for the two of you?"

I rolled my eyes and glared at Phil. "What are you doing up?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow, leaning against the doorframe. "I should ask you the same thing, but I seem to already have my answer." Phil smirked and winked at Tyler. Pulling out his phone he showed the screen to us. A picture of Tyler and I kissing under the mistletoe taken through the front window was revealed to us.

I blushed, trying to take his phone but Phil holding it high where I couldn't reach. "No, no, no! You want to get a A+ on that project, yeah?"

I groaned and shoved him lightly, laughing a bit, Tyler already in a fit of chuckles.

"Just for the project." I said, pushing past Phil to get inside.

"Sure. Whatever you say, lil' sis'." Phil mocked, following me in with Tyler behind him. I smiled as I looked at Tyler taking his shoes off by the door.

Although it was two a.m. and I would most likely be grounded for life for having Tyler over, I knew then that miracles were real, and could happen to the worst of people.

For example: me.